VAHDAM Himalayan Loose-Leaf Green Tea Leaves
Last updated date: March 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Green Teas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Green Tea you should buy.
Editor's Note March 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Green Tea for a detailed review of all the top green teas.
This hand-plucked tea is from tea plantations in the Himalayas. It has low caffeine content and is ideal for detoxes and cleanses. One percent of the revenue from this tea is redirected towards education for tea-growers’ children.
In our analysis, the VAHDAM VAHDAM Himalayan Loose-Leaf Green Tea Leaves placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% NATURAL & GREEN TEA LEAVES - Exclusive Long-Leaf Green Tea rich with Natural Antioxidants & Flavonoids. Hand-plucked & produced in high elevation tea plantations in the Himalayas. Low-Caffeine content tea that makes for a great 14-day detox & cleanse. 3 servings per day recommended. ICED TEA PREPARATION - Place 0.70 oz (7 spoons) of tea leaves; Pour 50 oz (1.5 litres) of boiling water; Brew for 5 minutes; Strain out the leaves; Add sugar/honey/sweetener as per taste; Refrigerate it for 3-4 hours & Enjoy it chilled. Serves 7 people. NO SIDE EFFECTS & no added ingredients, flavours. Try this Herbal Iced Tea for a Refreshing Summer. CARBON & PLASTIC NEUTRAL BRAND - Established in India by a 28-year-old 4th generation entrepreneur, we are now proud to be a certified Carbon-Neutral & a Plastic-Neutral brand. We measure our overall carbon and plastic footprint & offset it via our investments in environment sustainability initiatives in India. A BRAND WITH A BILLION DREAMS - Established in India by a 26-year-old, 4th generation Tea entrepreneur, Vahdam Teas is an award-winning, vertically integrated tea brand that door delivers the world's freshest tea leaves to over 83 countries, sourced directly from India's choicest tea gardens. The tea industry is one of the largest employers of manual labor in India. A successful home-grown brand helps empower millions of these tea workers in the long run. ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE- TRULY - Our innovative supply chain model ensures you get the freshest cup of tea and our farmers get a better price for their produce. 1% of our revenue is redirected towards the education of our tea growers' children. Our farmers, like any other parent, wish for their progeny to have a better life than them. We at Vahdam Teas with our social initiative, TEAch Me, simply wish to honor this aspiration.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Green Teas
Sipping on a warm, freshly-brewed up cup of green tea is a relaxing ritual no matter what time of day. Green tea has a number of health benefits that make it a favorite of tea drinkers. Green tea contains a natural antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), which helps prevent cell damage. Plus, it also protects against many types of diseases as well as aging. Green tea is also known for protecting against breast, prostate and colorectal cancers.
In addition to helping you feel alert, green tea can actually improve brain function. It includes caffeine, which helps fire neurons and neurotransmitters, which improve brain function, reaction time, memory and mood. Plus, green tea can also boost your metabolic rate and help you burn fat.
There are many different types of green tea available in varying grades and price ranges, each with its own unique properties. Sencha is a type of Japanese green tea with a long finish and a sweet grassy flavor. Another Japanese green tea is Gyokuro, which is exceptionally flavorful with a brothy feel. Longjing is a Chinese green tea that tastes rich and refreshing. It can be pricey as it is a prized variety. Another Chinese variety is Bilochun, which is fragrant and has a flavor that resembles edamame. There are several other varieties available.
The Green Tea Buying Guide
- When looking for green tea, consider which format is best for you. Green tea can be sold in loose-leaf varieties, in addition to tea bags and ready-made drinks. For example, while loose leaf tea requires a little extra work in the process, tea bags are convenient, quick and easy to use. If you prefer to have your green tea cold instead of hot, you can try a prepared green tea drink that is infused with other flavors like cane sugar or honey.
- Keep in mind that green tea doesn’t stay fresh for long. Once you open the package, the clock starts ticking. That’s why it’s best to consider the quantity of green tea you’re purchasing carefully. If you and your family members plan on drinking a lot of green tea on a frequent basis, then a large packaging of green tea will work for you. However, if you won’t be drinking a lot of green tea regularly, then go with a small package. You don’t want to end up with stale green tea as it is not flavorful.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide