Utopia Towels Washable Bath Mats, 21×34-Inch
Last updated date: June 15, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bath Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bath Mat you should buy.
Utopia Towels Washable Bath Mats, 21x34-Inch are easy to clean and best for floors that aren't quite as slick. They also have quick-dry technology, which means that have less wait time between showers or after washing them. These mats are a great value since two come in a pack. In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Utopia Towels Utopia Towels Washable Bath Mats, 21x34-Inch placed 16th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bath Mat for a detailed review of all the top bath mats.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Secure your feet out of the that shower on these bath mats to give your feet the warm, comfortable, and cozy feel they deserve. You can easily place this bath mat right in front of your bath tub, bathroom or in front of your dressing to rest your feet at while getting dressed up in the morning. It comes in a set of two to provide a matching mat for your other half and measures about 21 by 34 inches. You can choose from a wide variety of classy colors to complement any décor that surrounds you. The towel-like softness of these bath mats ensures extraordinary comfort for your feet, extra quick wetness absorbency, and at the same time ensures fast drying, rendering it perfect for everyday home use. While ordinary bath rugs and mats give your feet a cold and damp feel, these 100% cotton mats can treat your feet just the right way and ensure the ultimate comfort they deserve. These long-lasting bath mats will do the job and shield your feet against the cold and hard floor while giving you spa-like feel at home. To add cherry on the top, these bath mats come with a perfect finishing of hemmed, double-stitched edges that enhance the look and life of these mats. It gives your mats an extra strength and thickness to last for years so that you don’t have to go through the hassle of looking for another mat. From the feel to the life and even to visually appealing look, these mats easily qualify as the perfect choice for your home. Ideal for any bathroom in your home, these bath mats will give you the most comfortable feel and soft touch base when used. You can even send these as a gift to your friend or to your eldest one while sending them off to college. These bath mats bring a much-welcomed convenience to your daily routine. These bath mats are low maintenance and extremely easy to care for. Machine wash the bath mats in cold water and tumble-dry on low. Use mild detergent; do not use bleach or put them through for dry clean as it might wear out the mats. It is high recommended, to wash them separately the first time to reduce lint; do not wring, line dry for best results.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bath Mats
Bath mats have come a long way over the years. While you can buy inexpensive basic versions at a bargain price, those mats have issues that new mats resolve. One of those issues is that pesky rubber backing that comes on traditional bath mats. Sure, that backing keeps the mat from slipping, but the first time you toss it in the washer the backing starts to erode.
Another problem with traditional bath mats is that they lack absorbency. That rug piling is designed to provide a soft surface as you step onto it, but when you’re getting out of the shower, that lack of absorbency means the mat will stay wet long after you’re out. If someone takes a shower after you, a wet bath mat will be an unpleasant surprise.
Whatever type of mat you choose, though, it’s important to avoid placing it on a wet surface. With a non-slip backing, a mat will slide around when the ground is wet, making it more dangerous than just tossing a towel down. Absorb any water or wait for it to dry before placing your bath mat.
The tub isn’t the only place for setting bath mats, though. They’re popular in front of vanities, sinks and even kitchen sinks. If you choose one with ergonomic features like memory foam, your mat can provide protection any time you’re standing on your feet for a while. If you’re picking a rug for an area outside the shower, comfort will be more of a factor than absorbency or how slippery it is.
But comfort goes beyond ergonomics. The surface of the mat itself can provide a level of comfort, especially if you’ll be standing on it barefoot. If the surface of the mat is important to you, look for one made from soft material like chenille. You’ll find you’re looking forward to stepping out of the shower when your foot is surrounded by soft fibers.
DWYM Fun Fact
If you’re jumping out of the shower and going straight to the blow-dryer, you may be missing some valuable self-care steps. In fact, you should be letting your hair dry naturally at least a little before applying heat products to it. A microfiber towel absorbs moisture from your hair to shorten the amount of time you spend under a dryer. You should also take a few minutes to apply body oil to your skin to lock in moisture. Instead of washing your face in the shower, consider splashing cold water on it and using your favorite cleanser. The hot water can deplete your face’s natural oils, while the cooler water is far better for your skin.
The Bath Mat Buying Guide
- Bathroom floors can be dangerous due to slick surfaces. Older bath mats used a rubberized underside to keep rugs in place, but they still could slip if the ground was wet. Many of today’s mats use weight and absorbency to hold rugs in place. But some rugs use innovative designs like PVC to reduce the risk of slippage while also making the mat able to endure multiple rounds in the washer and dryer.
- Tile and marble floors can be especially slippery, so it’s important to use caution when stepping from the shower or bath, whether you have a bath mat or not.
- Many of today’s bath mats are machine-washable, making them easy to clean. For best results, use gentle detergent, avoid bleach and wash on the gentle cycle. You can dry some mats in the dryer, but it’s best to set them out to air dry. Some mats dry faster than others, but it may be best to wash your mats when it will be 12 hours or so before someone showers or bathes again.
- Some mats hold up better than others. Look for a mat that will remain intact even after multiple washes and years of use. You may save a little money on the front end by going with a cheaper option, but you’ll regret it later when it degrades and is no longer usable.
- Your bathroom already likely has a color scheme, whether it’s driven by the paint on the walls, the shower curtain you’ve chosen, the type of light fixtures or a combination of all of the above. This may narrow your options, as even mats with a wide range of colors might not have the color to match your design scheme.
- Many bath mats come in sets, but for those that don’t, make sure there are matching mats if you plan to add on a toilet rug or a second mat near your vanity. Measure the area so you’ll buy the right size for your bathroom.