Utopia Kitchen Cleaver Chopper Butcher Knife, 7-Inch
Last updated date: July 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Butcher Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Butcher Knife you should buy.
Update as July 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Butcher Knives for a detailed review of all the top butcher knives.
Made from 100% stainless steel, this butcher knife resists rust and remains durable over time. The 7-inch blade is able to cut through large portions of meat, as well as bone. Users will also appreciate that the handle is made from an ABS material that provides a non-slip grip, which is especially important if your hands are wet while you work.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Utopia Kitchen Cleaver Chopper Butcher Knife, 7-Inch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The handle is ergonomically designed to minimize wrist tension and provides a natural fit. Designed with stainless steel, this heavy duty 7 inch meat cleaver is the perfect tool for getting through tough meat and bone making it a great addition to any kitchen. It’s tarnish-resistant, rust-resistant, and easy to clean stainless steel blade makes the maintenance of the cleaver very easy. Our Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Cleaver is built from 100% stainless steel of the finest quality. It is built to meet the difficult cooking demands of all types of commercial kitchen needs. Its 7 Inch blade cuts easily through large pieces of meat, vegetables, and fruits. It allows for accuracy when segmenting and trimming larger cuts of meat and other items like melon, squash and pineapple. It is completely dishwasher safe but it is preferable to hand wash it in order to retain the fine quality of the exceptional blades.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Butcher Knives
Butcher knives are possibly the best tool for removing meat from an animal, trimming the meat and cutting it into individual portions. Whether you are a professional butcher, a self-sufficient hunter or simply an avid cook, you’ll need a quality butcher knife. With the right blade, you won’t have to put in as much effort to get the job done in a timely fashion.
The first thing you want to look at when purchasing a butcher knife is its construction material. Some of the knives are made out of manganese steel, while others are forged using German high-carbon steel with a grade greater than 56 for hardness, according to the Rockwell scale, which is a very solid score. You want to make sure the blades are durable and are resistant to rust and corrosion.
Determine which type of butcher knife works best for your needs. For example, the 7-inch Utopia Kitchen Cleaver Chopper Butcher Knife is a heavy-duty cleaver that is capable of cutting through bone. It’s built to withstand the demands of a commercial kitchen, although you can use it in a home setting. Other butcher knives are geared simply toward trimming meat and cutting it into bite-size pieces.
Check out the knife’s handle next. For example, the 10-inch Dalstrong Gladiator Cimitar Butcher Knife is constructed from a black pakkawood that comes from Spain. It uses an ergonomic design for comfort and reduced hand fatigue. It’s also ambidextrous with full tang, which refers to the length of the steel hidden under the handle, and a triple-rivet design. Other knife handles are made out of a plastic, ABS material and are textured for a non-slip grip.
Consider any extras that the butcher knife may have to offer. Some come with a leather knife sheath that can be attached to a belt, while others, like the 10-inch UltraSource Cimeter Blade Butcher Knife, have antibacterial handles. Another example is the 8-inch Wusthof Classic Butcher Knife, which is crafted to resist dulling, meaning you should spend less time having to sharpen the blade.
The Butcher Knife Buying Guide
- Many butcher knives will require some sharpening before you use them for the first time, for the best results, so make sure yours comes with a sharpener or send it to a professional.
- Some butcher knives are listed as dishwasher safe and some are not. Most companies recommend washing the knives by hand, even if they are considered safe to run through the dishwasher. This keeps the quality of the blade high. All you need is a little dish soap and water. If you come across any stuck-on foods, you can remove them with a little salt and a non-abrasive scrubber.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners and steel wool pads when cleaning your butcher’s knife to keep the blade looking its best.
- Butcher knives are not meant to withstand acidic or alkaline substances for long, which means you’ll need to wipe the blades clean soon after contact with them.
- When using your butcher knife, it’s good practice to always slide a cutting board over your counter or workstation. Opt for a wooden or bamboo cutting board instead of plastic, as these are naturally antibacterial.
- Wiping your blade every so often with a dab of cooking oil can prevent rusting or other damage.
- Always cover the blade and store your butcher knife in a cool, dry location when not in use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide