Utopia Kitchen Bamboo Silverware Organizer
Last updated date: February 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cutlery Trays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cutlery Tray you should buy.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Utopia Kitchen Utopia Kitchen Bamboo Silverware Organizer placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cutlery Tray for a detailed review of all the top cutlery trays.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The sleek Bamboo kitchen tray organizer is crafted with Bamboo. The Bamboo tray features an ingenious design to help you organize the cutlery, kitchen utensils, cosmetics, and stationery the way you want it. The organizer has 5 compartments, so you can put things accordingly without a mess. The tray organizer is suitable for standard-sized drawers. It is a perfect Bamboo drawer organizer to have at your home. It is very helpful in keeping the kitchen utensils, stationery and cosmetics organized, neat and tidy. FDA and FSC Approved. This Bamboo tray is FDA and FSC approved. The FDA and FSC certifications ensure that the Bamboo tray organizer is safe for use at homes. The Bamboo used in making the organizer is strong and sturdy with a premium finishing to make it look more stylish.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cutlery Trays
In order to keep your utensils organized, so they are easy to grab when you need them, it’s essential that you have a cutlery tray. Since there are several different types on the market, it’s helpful to review the features before selecting the one that works best for your kitchen.
While traditional plastic cutlery trays work in a pinch, they are known for sliding all over the place each time the kitchen drawer is opened or closed. Look for a model that has non-slip rubber feet, like the madesmart Large Silverware Tray.
Once you locate a tray that won’t slide all over your drawer, you want to make sure it can also keep the silverware in place. There are models with a non-slip surface in each of their compartments, as well as units that have dividers. The OXO Expandable Utensil Organizer has these dividers and goes a step further by making them adjustable.
Not all kitchen drawers are made equal. Some are rather slim, while others are extra-wide. Fortunately, there are cutlery trays that have extenders. For example, the ROYAL CRAFT WOOD Bamboo Kitchen Drawer Organizer can be used in smaller drawers with just seven compartments or extended out in larger drawers with up to nine compartments.
Caring for the environment is also important. Companies like Bellemain that offer the Bellemain Bamboo Expandable Cutlery Drawer Organizer, harvest the bamboo they use from sustainable sources. That way, you can feel good about your purchase.
DYWM Fun Fact
Cutlery, also commonly referred to as silverware, has been around almost since the beginning of time. While early knives were made of metal, the first spoons were carved out of wood. If you’d like to learn a few more fun facts about your kitchen utensils, check out the list below:
- Someone once invented a soup-cooling spoon that was equipped with a fan.
- Most cutlery goes through around four levels of buffing before it hits the market. High-end silverware, however, can undergo as many as 27 rounds of buffing.
- You can actually buy a cherry tomato prong and an edamame extractor.
- Did you know a sporf is actually a combination of a spoon, knife and fork? One end of the sporf is a spoon, while the other end is a fork. The fork end has a sharp edge on the right-hand prong for cutting like a knife.
The Cutlery Tray Buying Guide
- Not all cutlery trays are dishwasher safe. It’s always best to review the product label before attempting to clean the organizer for the first time.
- Take measurements before ordering a cutlery tray, as some are wide and may not fit in your kitchen drawer.
- Some cutlery trays aren’t made to fit utensils with rounded stems.
- While the lower-priced cutlery trays don’t typically offer a product warranty, it is common to find them offered with the higher-end models.
- Both, the construction materials used and added amenities affect the price of cutlery trays. The madesmart Large Silverware Tray is the most affordable, as it is made out of plastic and features a basic design. Although the OXO Expandable Utensil Organizer is also made out of plastic, it commands a moderate price thanks to the addition of a set of extenders. The Bellemain Bamboo Expandable Cutlery Drawer Organizer and the ROYAL CRAFT WOOD Bamboo Kitchen Drawer Organizer command the highest cost, as they are constructed from durable bamboo.