UTG BugBuster Scope
Last updated date: March 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hunting Scopes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hunting Scope you should buy.
Editor's Note March 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hunting Scope for a detailed review of all the top hunting scopes.
Aiming and shooting with accuracy is no problem once you install this hunting scope. That's all thanks to the range-estimating mil-dot reticle. The objective is also adjustable, so you'll be able to narrow the focus on your target, no matter how far away the target sits.
In our analysis of 75 expert reviews, the UTG UTG BugBuster Scope placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Here is a UTG red dot, one of the most efficient UTG's products. This red dot can switch from red to green when the light comes on. It can be fix on a Picatinny 21 mm rail. This scope is most usually used for Airsoft assault rifles. The UTG 3-9x32 Bug Buster scope is completely sealed and 100% nitrogen filled. It is shock, fog, and rain proof for maximum reliability when mounted on your firearm or airgun application. Dual red and green illumination and an accommodating eye relief makes this scope a no brainer for all shooters who find themselves in the most diverse of environments and weather conditions. Standard for the SCP-M392AOLWQ is the included 2” sunshade, quality flip-open lens caps, and quick detachable rings. This 3-9X32 Bug Buster is ready to meet your shooting needs right out of the box. The innovative True Strength(TS) Platform is a signature scope construction platform. Most significantly, it includes a Smart Spherical Structure(SSS) controlling the joint-like interaction between a scope’s inner and outer tubes. The design provides long lasting reliability in these interactions to guarantee precise and responsive windage/elevation adjustment over time. TS has been at the heart of every genuine Leapers scope for more than a decade and has been fully tested on scope-killer airguns and elephant rifles with extreme recoil. We perform our testing based on actual users' input. We gather usage intelligence from all deployment aspects, carefully analyze their impacts and develop appropriate test parameters to ensure optimal performance under all conditions. TS has been at the heart of every genuine Leapers scope for more than a decade and has been fully tested on scope-killer airguns and elephant rifles with extreme recoil. Well-designed and constructed target turrets allow for crisp, consistent and precise windage and elevation adjustments. Its locking and re-setting features protect and complement one of the most critical parts in the optic for proper zeroing. Uncommon throughout the market, this particular scope series achieves an impressive and unparalleled parallax free view from as close in as 3 yards out to infinity using its adjustable wide angle front objective. Leapers/UTG pioneered red AND green reticle illumination in this industry in 2004, allowing for even more effective scope use under diverse environments and lighting conditions. The innovative side wheel control was then introduced for the RGB illumination, getting away from the traditional bulky rheostat on the eye piece and giving users quick and easy access for reticle light. Leapers/UTG started introducing mil-dot reticle optics from as early as 2003, pioneering the Range Estimating concept as a useful tool for hunters and shooters around the world. Today, the mil-dot reticle is widely accepted and used in this industry. Leveraging our years of experience in this area, UTG developed and refined the unique Tactical Range Estimating(TRE) mil-dot reticle and offers this feature in almost all of our optics. With some patient learning and practice using our TRE, shooters can enhance accuracy and performance in ways not imagined before. Regular mil-dot reticles found on the market usually have 4 dots in each direction of the cross hair, giving you 9 different aiming points for either windage or elevation. If you count the 2 inner tips of the opposite duplex cross hairs, you get 11 aiming points. In contrast, Leapers/UTG 36 Mil-Dot Tactical Range Estimating Reticle (TRE) has 9 dots on each direction of the cross hair, giving you 19 aiming points or 21 including the inner tips of the duplex cross hairs. UTG aims to provide application and solution oriented products, including useful and most commonly sough-after accessories. In addition to the flip-open lens caps, a 2” sunshade and a pair of medium profile Max Strength heavy duty rings are included. The rings, with a saddle height of 15mm, fit on Picatinny/Weaver rails and are secured with patented, fully adjustable quick detach lever locks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hunting Scopes
Each year approximately 15 million Americans participate in the sport of hunting. If you find yourself among them, you’ll need to make sure you have the proper gear. The second most important piece of equipment besides your hunting rifle is a scope. This tool allows you to narrow in on your target for more accurate results.
Before comparing hunting scope features, you need to ensure that the scope is compatible with your specific rifle. Once you confirm that it is, you can move on to the scope’s construction materials. You want a model that’s designed to last. One made of a high-strength aircraft aluminum is a good choice. Others have sealants that make them shockproof, fog-proof and rainproof.
Review the lens next. A multi-colored lens is best, as it eliminates glare and provides a higher light transmission than a simple blue light. Some models are equipped with as many as five illumination modes, so that’s another element you may wish to look for.
Check for easy-to-use wind and elevation adjustments. These are essential when it comes to helping your bullet reach the target. You’ll also want an eyepiece with quick and easy reticle focusing, so that you never miss a shot.
Don’t forget to take a look at the adjustable objective. Some models offer a range of 15 yards to infinity, while others have a starting range of just 3 yards. Long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box are also essential, as you don’t want to put your eyes in unnecessary danger.
The Hunting Scope Buying Guide
- Dirt and smudges can really affect how well you see through the hunting scope’s lens, especially if the lighting levels are low. Some scopes come with their own cleaning cloth. If your model doesn’t, you’ll need to look for a lint-free cloth that you can use to clean the scope. Starting with a soft-bristle brush is best, as this tool works well to dislodge any dirt or debris. Afterward, wipe down the lens with the cleaning cloth. It’s best to wipe in a circular motion.
- Scopes that are more than just a little dirty may need an anti-fog liquid lens cleaner and a lens cleaning tissue to get the job done. Always apply the liquid to the cleaning tissue and then wipe down your lens. Never drip the liquid directly onto the lens itself. Go back over the lens afterward with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
- While there is always the option to pay a gunsmith to mount the scope to your rifle, it is a task you can complete on your own. Start off by mounting the scope low and then checking that the eye relief doesn’t smack into your nose. Now you can align the base and tighten the screws to secure the scope. Finally, you’ll need to mount the rings, check the alignment and position the scope.
- If you run into any trouble mounting your scope, check YouTube for step-by-step videos that you can follow. Sometimes seeing someone complete the task helps.
- Size, construction materials and the number of features all come in to play when pricing hunting scopes. The CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope and the CVLIFE Illuminated Scope are among the most budget-friendly options. You’ll pay a moderate cost for the UTG BugBuster Scope, while the Vortex Optics Crossfire II Riflescopes is able to command a higher price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide