UTG 3-9X32 1-Inch RGB Mil-Dot QD Rings BugBuster Scope
Last updated date: August 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top UTG Scopes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best UTG Scope you should buy.
Editor's Note August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best UTG Scopes for a detailed review of all the top utg scopes.
Don't let bad weather stop you from your planned hunting trip, as this UTG scope is fog- and rain-proof. It offers dual red and green illumination, quality flip-open lens caps and quick detachable rings. You'll also love the locking system, which allows you to lock in your preferred settings for a perfect shot.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the UTG UTG 3-9X32 QD Rings BugBuster Scope placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Here is a UTG red dot, one of the most efficient UTG's products. This red dot can switch from red to green when the light comes on. It can be fix on a Picatinny 21 mm rail. This scope is most usually used for Airsoft assault rifles. The UTG 3-9x32 Bug Buster scope is completely sealed and 100% nitrogen filled. It is shock, fog, and rain proof for maximum reliability when mounted on your firearm or airgun application. Dual red and green illumination and an accommodating eye relief makes this scope a no brainer for all shooters who find themselves in the most diverse of environments and weather conditions. Standard for the SCP-M392AOLWQ is the included 2” sunshade, quality flip-open lens caps, and quick detachable rings. This 3-9X32 Bug Buster is ready to meet your shooting needs right out of the box. The innovative True Strength(TS) Platform is a signature scope construction platform. Most significantly, it includes a Smart Spherical Structure(SSS) controlling the joint-like interaction between a scope’s inner and outer tubes. The design provides long lasting reliability in these interactions to guarantee precise and responsive windage/elevation adjustment over time. TS has been at the heart of every genuine Leapers scope for more than a decade and has been fully tested on scope-killer airguns and elephant rifles with extreme recoil. We perform our testing based on actual users' input. We gather usage intelligence from all deployment aspects, carefully analyze their impacts and develop appropriate test parameters to ensure optimal performance under all conditions. TS has been at the heart of every genuine Leapers scope for more than a decade and has been fully tested on scope-killer airguns and elephant rifles with extreme recoil. Well-designed and constructed target turrets allow for crisp, consistent and precise windage and elevation adjustments. Its locking and re-setting features protect and complement one of the most critical parts in the optic for proper zeroing. Uncommon throughout the market, this particular scope series achieves an impressive and unparalleled parallax free view from as close in as 3 yards out to infinity using its adjustable wide angle front objective. Leapers/UTG pioneered red AND green reticle illumination in this industry in 2004, allowing for even more effective scope use under diverse environments and lighting conditions. The innovative side wheel control was then introduced for the RGB illumination, getting away from the traditional bulky rheostat on the eye piece and giving users quick and easy access for reticle light. Leapers/UTG started introducing mil-dot reticle optics from as early as 2003, pioneering the Range Estimating concept as a useful tool for hunters and shooters around the world. Today, the mil-dot reticle is widely accepted and used in this industry. Leveraging our years of experience in this area, UTG developed and refined the unique Tactical Range Estimating(TRE) mil-dot reticle and offers this feature in almost all of our optics. With some patient learning and practice using our TRE, shooters can enhance accuracy and performance in ways not imagined before. Regular mil-dot reticles found on the market usually have 4 dots in each direction of the cross hair, giving you 9 different aiming points for either windage or elevation. If you count the 2 inner tips of the opposite duplex cross hairs, you get 11 aiming points. In contrast, Leapers/UTG 36 Mil-Dot Tactical Range Estimating Reticle (TRE) has 9 dots on each direction of the cross hair, giving you 19 aiming points or 21 including the inner tips of the duplex cross hairs. UTG aims to provide application and solution oriented products, including useful and most commonly sough-after accessories. In addition to the flip-open lens caps, a 2” sunshade and a pair of medium profile Max Strength heavy duty rings are included. The rings, with a saddle height of 15mm, fit on Picatinny/Weaver rails and are secured with patented, fully adjustable quick detach lever locks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On UTG Scopes
Whether you’re an experienced hunter or you’re just learning how to shoot, you’ll want to purchase a scope for your rifle. Scopes simplify aiming and eliminate a lot of the frustrations that you get with iron sights. When shopping for a new scope, you’ll want to go with a company that has a history of providing high-quality gear, like UTG.
Start off looking for a scope that can handle multiple weather conditions, as you never know when a pop-up storm is going to make an appearance. For example, the UTG 1-Inch Reticle BugBuster Scope is completely sealed and nitrogen filled. Not only is it designed to be fog and rainproof, but it’s also shockproof.
Review the scope’s lens next. You want to make sure you’re getting a clear view of your target. The UTG 1-Inch 36-Color BugBuster Scope comes with a 1-inch tube that utilizes an emerald-coated lens for clarity and maximum light transmission. It also has a 3 to 9x magnification, which allows you to zoom in up to 450 yards. If you need to see farther than 450 yards, look for a scope with a 12 or 16x magnification.
Look for features that add to the functionality of the UTG scope. You’ll find the UTG 3-9X32 QD Rings BugBuster Scope offers premium zero lockable and resettable turrets with a 1/4 MOA per click adjustment. With this feature, even if you stumble or fall, you won’t have to worry about readjusting your settings.
An adjustable parallax, like the one you’ll find on the UTG 30mm 36-Color Mil-Dot Scope, is also important. This allows you to put the reticle on the same focal plane as your target so that when you move your head or eyes around, the reticle doesn’t come out of alignment.
Check to see what extras come with your UTG scope. Most models provide a 2-inch sunshade, two high-quality flip-open lens caps and quick-detachable rings. A few also include a cleaning cloth and two lithium batteries.
The UTG Scope Buying Guide
- Before you buy, you want to make sure that the included mounts fit your specific firearm. In some cases, you may be able to purchase an adapter.
- When installing the UTG scope, you need to first attach the mounts to your rifle. Once the mounts are in place, you can then install the scope.
- While the mounting rings are still loose, you’ll want to properly align the reticle and then move the lens so that when the gun recoils it’s at a safe enough distance that it won’t come in contact with your eye. Once you’ve completed this, you can tighten the mounts.
- Use a paper target to take a few shots with your new scope in place. You may need to make a few adjustments to the different settings on the scope before the scope is ready for your first hunting trip.
- Always follow proper safety measures when using your rifle and scope. The measures you need to take are dependent upon whether you’re at a shooting range or out hunting for deer in a forest.
- Some scopes come with complimentary cleaning cloths, but you’ll also want to purchase a lens brush to remove any debris that may have gotten kicked up on the lens. If you have wipes made for cleaning eyeglasses, you can also use those to clean the scope’s lenses.
- When storing your scope, you’ll want to ensure that a lens cap is covering the front and back lenses. You’ll also find scope sleeves for sale that you can slide over your scope to keep it protected from dust and bugs.
- You’ll find UTG scopes vary by about $50 from the cheapest model to the most expensive. Each of the models are similarly made, however, they have different features that affect the price. You’ll find the UTG 3-9X32 QD Rings BugBuster Scope is the most affordable, with the UTG 1-Inch 36-Color BugBuster Scope and the UTG 1-Inch Reticle BugBuster Scope not far behind. The UTG 30mm 36-Color Mil-Dot Scope has the highest price tag of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide