Uten Log Grabber Fire Pit Tongs
Last updated date: November 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fire Pit Tongs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fire Pit Tong you should buy.
Editor's Note November 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Fire Pit Tongs for a detailed review of all the top fire pit tongs.
The 26-inch tongs — featuring a black, powder-coasted finish—allow you to grab and move burning logs with a sturdy scissors-like action.
In our analysis, the Uten Uten Log Grabber Fire Pit Tongs placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
There's no better accessory for your Perfect Open fire than the Log Tweezer. Its scissor action allows you to grab and manoeuvre hot burning logs with ease and precision; no more kicking them or poking them with a branch.The Log Grabber is a bit heavier duty than some grabbers you will see. It measures 4-Inch by 4-Inch by 26-Inch and is made of steel. The Log Grabber also makes a great accessory for your fireplace.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fire Pit Tongs
A pair of log tongs, tweezers or grabbers is a necessity for any indoor fireplace, fire pit, wood stove or smoker — anywhere you need to pick up and maneuver burning wooden logs or coals safely. These accessories, which can be 26- to 42-inches long, must be made with a heavy-duty heat-proof material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron or wrought iron.
Fireplace tongs can feature a scissors- or pincer-style design; the former means the tongs bend inward to dig into logs to provide a secure hold on the wood, while the latter has a simpler design with fewer hinges and a thicker build. Both are equally effective, but the pincer variety often requires less maintenance.
Since you want to ensure you can get a secure grip on the tongs, be sure to check the product’s weight before purchasing. They can weigh 1 to 6 pounds, so consider purchasing a lighter one if you don’t think you’ll be able to lift the combined load of the tongs, in addition to a log, using both hands.
The Fire Pit Tong Buying Guide
- The longer your tongs are, the farther away you can hold burning logs. But if they’re too long, you may have trouble grabbing and moving logs. If you’re on the shorter side height-wise, consider purchasing a smaller set of tongs for better control.
- Accessories to consider purchasing with your fireplace tongs include a fire poker, which helps shift logs and coals into a desired position, and a pair of heat-proof gloves, which provide excellent protection from sparks. There are affordable sets available that include all three.
- Look for tongs that fold into a smaller size, making them easier to store and transport.
- Only place your hot fireplace tongs on a heat-safe surface, like brick or gravel; do not set them down on just any floor.
- Fireplace tongs require two hands for safe maneuvering.
- To clean your fireplace tools, remove the soot and grime with a dry cloth or brush (wear gloves so you don’t stain your hands). Then, rub them gently with fine-grade steel wool dipped in vegetable oil. You can also apply a polish to shine them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide