UriTouch Side Fill Blood Uric Acid Test Strips, 25-Pack
Last updated date: May 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Uric Acid Test Strip for a detailed review of all the top .
These test strips are designed for the UriTouch Blood Uric Acid Meter only. They offer fast results in under 15 seconds. The test strips should be stored in a cool and dry place as they are sensitive to temperature.
In our analysis, the UriTouch UriTouch Side Fill Blood Uric Acid Test Strips, 25-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Accurate and Reliable: Our strips, paired with the UriTouch Blood Uric Acid Meter, provides you with state-of-the-art uric acid blood-level readings with complete ease and convenience to you. Fast Results: Get your test results in 15 seconds or less. Long Expiration Date: Our strips have an expiration date of a year. Side Fill Test Strips: Uric acid test strips feature side fill for right-handed and left-handed people. Test strips are very sensitive to temperature: Strips should be stored in a dry and cook place between 39° F and 86° F, and should not be exposed to heat, direct sunlight, or freezing temperatures. If inconsistent results are received when performing back-to-back testing, this is indicative that your test strips have gone bad due to improper storage conditions.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you fear you may be dealing with health issues such as kidney stones, gout and other issues, it may be a good idea to do uric acid tests. It can be difficult to know how much uric acid you have in your body otherwise, and the test strips are handy and convenient for home use. There are many different uric acid test strips on the market, so how do you know where to start?
The two main styles of uric acid tests are dipsticks and cassettes. Cassette-style tests require you to take urine sample in a container and then place the urine onto the cassette for testing. On the other hand, dipstick style tests just require you to dip the test strip into the container of urine. Cassette-style tests are more convenient if you don’t need to test too often since you can analyze them later; but if you test frequently then you will want to go with the dipstick style of test. These give you the results right away. There are also tests which are for saliva or blood instead of urine, so it all depends on how you want to test the uric acid in your body.
How many uric acid test strips will you need? Some boxes have as little as 10 tests while others have as many as 200. The amount you need will depend on your testing needs, how many people need to do the tests, how frequently you need to test and other factors.
The Buying Guide
- When is the best time to take a uric acid test? It depends on the instructions on the test and what your medical professional requires. For some urine uric acid tests, you have to collect urine over a 24-hour period. For blood tests, you can either take the test fasting before eating any food for the day or take it any time without any preparation.
- Be sure to check the expiration dates on the uric acid test strips. They should not be used past their expiration date as they can provide incorrect results, which can affect the type of treatment and care you require. Typically, the expiry date for uric acid test strips is within a year.
- Store the uric acid test strips in a cool dry place, such as a cupboard. Do not store them in direct sunlight or in a place that gets a lot of humidity, such as a bathroom or kitchen.
- Did you know that some medications you take may affect the results of the uric acid test? It is important to talk to your health professional so that you can learn more about how to correctly interpret the results of your uric acid test at home.
- There are different brands that offer uric acid test strips. To ensure you have a high-quality product, go with a brand that has been FDA approved and one that meets ISO standards.
- It is possible that some people who have high levels of uric acid in their body do not have kidney disease or gout. As a result, they may not require any treatment. Don’t worry if your tests show you have high uric acid. Always speak with your doctor to learn more about your symptoms.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide