Urban Rebounder Stabilizing Bar Mini Trampoline & Workout DVD
Last updated date: July 15, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mini Trampolines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mini Trampoline you should buy.
Editor's Note July 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mini Trampoline for a detailed review of all the top mini trampolines.
In our analysis of 246 expert reviews, the Urban Rebounder Urban Rebounder Stabilizing Bar Mini Trampoline placed 13th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Want a fitness regimen you can look forward to? This fun cardio workout helps you sculpt lean, sexy muscles. Set up your Urban Rebounder in either a flat or elevated position — both positions help provide you with an effective workout — and move all your major muscles simultaneously. The best part is this low-impact conditioning is easy on your joints and muscles, so you can work out longer. Included: Urban Rebounder unit 8 Legs 2 Long front legs 2 Short back legs 14 Rubber crutch tips for legs Stabilization bar Elevated Urban Rebounder with Rebecca Kennedy workout DVD Owner's Manual Specs Measurements: Approx. 10"H x 40" Diameter (without stabilizing bar) Weight: Approx. 29 lbs. Max. Weight Capacity: Up to 300 lbs Assembly: Requires 1 person approx. 15 minute Country of Origin: Urban Rebounder made in China; DVD made in USA 2 people recommended for folding and closing unit. Children under age 12 should be supervised by an adult when using. Amazon.com Created by J.B. Berns--a practicing martial artist for more than 20 years--the urban rebounding workout has its lineage in martial arts and core abdominal postures, resulting in a nonstop abdominal workout that melts away the fat and inches, strengthens your core, and improves your balance and coordination like no other exercise. Now, with the Urban Rebounder folding trampoline workout system, you can perform the urban rebounding workout in the comfort of your own home in just 20 minutes a day, three times per week. Not only is it the first exercise you'll actually look forward to, but it brings the fun without causing pain or stress on your joints. That makes it especially ideal for athletes, seniors, and anyone else who wants a low-impact, high-efficiency workout. The Urban Rebounding system comes with a commercial-quality mini trampoline, a stabilizing bar for particularly vigorous exercises, and six motivational workouts on DVD. And users can rest assured that the workout is effective, as it's the same routine that's used in nearly 5,000 health clubs worldwide, including Bally's, Crunch, Equinox, Gold's, and the YMCA, to name a few. The Urban Rebounding system--which offers a weight capacity of 300 pounds and folds up for easy storage--carries a one-year warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Certified Personal Trainer, Health and Wellness Expert
Stephanie Mansour, host of “Step It Up with Steph” on public broadcasting, has been coaching women for over a decade on how to lose weight and make it last. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications with an emphasis on women’s studies and psychology from the University of Michigan. She holds certifications in life coaching, personal training, yoga and Pilates.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mini Trampolines
Trampolines aren’t just for kids. Mini trampolines are designed primarily with fitness in mind, making them perfect for your home gym. Most mini trampolines can be set up inside, which means you can work out while watching TV, listening to audiobooks or blasting your favorite music. Best of all, it’s good exercise.
“Jumping on a mini-trampoline is easier on the joints because of the shock absorption built into the trampoline,” says certified personal trainer Stephanie Mansour, founder of “Step It Up With Steph.” “Doing cardio on a mini trampoline can also help improve blood flow and help strengthen the muscles and bones.”
But before you buy a mini trampoline, you’ll need to make sure you have plenty of space for it. As handy as it can be to go with a smaller model, you’ll typically sacrifice jumping space for the convenience. It’s important to determine exactly how much space you’ll need. If you plan to do flips or other aerial tricks, make sure you get a mini trampoline with a surface area large enough for you.
Safety is the most important feature when shopping for mini-trampolines. Some trampolines come with enclosures around them. This is especially important if your children will be using it. But other features, like padding and sturdy legs, also come into play. Make sure you pay close attention to durability when searching for safety features. If the bands or springs break mid-jump, your previously safe trampoline could suddenly become a hazard.
Unless you plan to set your trampoline up and leave it for the duration, storage and portability are both important issues. Although most mini-trampolines are tough to fold up, some are easier than others. If you plan to ever fold it up for storage or, more importantly, take it on the go with you, make sure you choose a portable, lightweight model.
The Mini Trampoline Buying Guide
- The first big decision you’ll make is whether to go with a trampoline with springs or elastic bands. Bands have their benefits, but some have a little less bounce than spring-based trampolines. If you’re into high-intensity workouts, this could get in the way. However, you may like the smooth, consistent jump the bands provide for moderate-and low-intensity workouts. Some models use bungee cords, while others use elastic bands or springs.
- No matter how enjoyable the jumping experience, the safety of you and your family is a top priority. “Look for a mini trampoline that comes with metal framing and durable springs or elastic bands,” Mansour says. “Safety is important when you’re looking at mini trampolines because you’ll be using them a lot and they need to be able to withstand your weight. Look at how many pounds the trampoline can hold, and also think about who will be using this (bigger person trying to lose weight, or a kid trying to have fun and get in cardio) and then look into the weight capacity and size of the trampoline.”
- Look for bungee cords that are padded for extra protection. Models with as many as 30 cords are best, as they can keep you safe in the event that one or more of the cords break.
- Consider a mini trampoline with an arched leg construction, which provides stability to help keep you safe. Some models incorporate anti-slip rubber guards on their legs to keep the trampoline in place to avoid dangerous movement while jumping.
- If your children will be using your mini trampoline, consider one with an enclosure system to help prevent falls. Look for a model that eliminates the dangerous gaps you see with some enclosures.
- A 30-band tension resistance and stainless-steel frame make mini trampolines especially sturdy.
- Weight capacity is also important. Some models have a high weight limit of 250 pounds, while others are much less.
- Check out the jumping area. An extra-large jumping area of a full 36-inch diameter is great for both kids and adults.
- Most mini trampolines will work indoors. If you plan to set your trampoline up outdoors, though, look for one that can be used both inside and outside.
- Some mini trampolines are lightweight and extremely portable. A weight of only 14 pounds is a great choice if you’re hoping to take the trampoline on the road with you. Typically, you can remove the legs and fold the mini-trampoline up to either store it or transport it.
- Band- and cord-based trampolines can be more adjustable than those with springs, which makes them perfect for households where multiple people will be jumping. When you can adjust the tension, you are able to customize your workout for your own unique preferences.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide