UnityStar Portable Dry Erase White Board
Last updated date: August 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top White Boards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best White Board you should buy.
In our analysis of 64 expert reviews, the UnityStar UnityStar Portable Dry Erase White Board placed 10th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best White Board for a detailed review of all the top white boards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
Annoyed that your kids are scribbling on your white wall or wasting too much paper drawing and writing? UnityStar dry erase lapboards can help! 9 x 12 inches of blank space for kids to draw, practice spelling, math, penmanship, and even play hangman games. Slim design makes it easy for your kid’s little hands to hold. Lightweight material makes it portable for road trips, keeping your kids quiet and entertained in the car. Smooth & dry-erase surface allows you to wipe and clean in seconds with only a dry cloth! An environmental friendly substitute. Allows your kids to draw and write again and again without wasting unnecessary paper. User friendly round corner design prevents your kid’s hands from getting hurt. Sturdy Masonite hardboard for a long-lasting use. Perfect for classrooms, interactive learning, home-teaching, etc. Care Instructions: 1. Wipe with a dry cloth for reuse. 2. For tough stains, you may clean with a soft cloth and mild soap water. 3. Stay away from strong detergents and rough cloth, which can harm the board. Specifications: Material: Masonite Size: 9 x 12 inches Color: White Weight: 0.4 lb Package Content: 1 x Dry Erase Lapboard
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On White Boards
A whiteboard, also sometimes called a dry erase board or marker board, allows users to write messages for other family members, notes on a lecture or a problem that needs to be solved. Once the task is completed, the board can be wiped clean with ease and a new task added.
“Whiteboards are great for ideation,” says art educator and artist Amy Markham. Her podcast “Starling” helps artists develop creative depth. “Whether it’s just you working on your own or your team brainstorming together, a whiteboard lets you create ideas and erase notes with a wipe of your hand.”
When shopping for a whiteboard, it is important to first determine whether you need just one or a pack. You can purchase single whiteboards, or you can opt for a set. Some sets are as small as 12 units, while others run as large as 32 units.
Next, determine whether you need to use the whiteboard on your lap, or place it on the wall next to your desk. If you prefer a model that gets installed on a wall, make sure it comes with all the mounting supplies. Double-sided Velcro strips are one of the fastest ways to mount a whiteboard.
If the whiteboard is meant to be used as a lapboard, look to see if it is double-sided. This allows you to flip the board over to continue working on the problem you are trying to solve. You also want this type of whiteboard to be light and easy to carry, as you may wish to take it to school or the library.
Check to see what accessories come with the whiteboard. Some models simply include the board itself and require shoppers to purchase specialty markers and erasers separately. They may even sell frames and marker holders that snap into place. Others come fully equipped with pens, pen trays, erasers and magnets.
DWYM Fun Fact
Blackboards, also called chalkboards, were used for a long time before whiteboards came on the market. Martin Heit invented the first whiteboard in the ’60s, which he named the “Plasti-Slate.” This board was originally used to take down phone messages but now is used for everything from solving math equations to practicing art.
Traditional small whiteboards are typically used by individuals, although they do make larger models for use in a classroom or office setting. Even these models have evolved, and today, many schools and businesses use an interactive whiteboard. This board works with technology and responds to touch, such as a finger or special inkless pen.
The White Board Buying Guide
- You’ll get what you pay for with whiteboards. “There are inexpensive whiteboards made of melamine, which is good if the price is an important factor,” says Markham. “However, they are prone to staining. The glass and porcelain versions are more expensive but clean up nicely and will last longer.”
- Never try to clean a whiteboard with abrasive cleaners or sponges. These will scratch the surface and remove the coating that makes it so you can wipe the board clean.
- If your board loses its protective coating, you can add a coating of WD-40 to prolong the use of your whiteboard.
- Use a cleaner specifically labeled for use on dry erase boards when a wet cloth isn’t enough to remove all the marks on your whiteboard.
- A lint-free towel is best when wiping down your board, as it won’t leave any dust or lint behind.
- Use rubbing alcohol, shoe polish, hydrogen peroxide or toothpaste to tackle stubborn stains that are hard to remove.
- Only use markers and pens listed as safe for dry erase boards. Other markers and pens will permanently stain your whiteboard.
- Check for a money-back guarantee before deciding on a whiteboard. This is often a good indication that the product is quality made, and if it turns out to be cheaply made, at least you’ll be able to get your money back.
- It is important to take into consideration the number of whiteboards in a set and any included accessories when reviewing price. The Quartet Magnetic Dry Erase White Board is the most affordable of the bunch, followed by the Officeline Magnetic Dry Erase Board. You’ll pay the most for the Yuc Stain Resistant Magnetic Dry Erase White Board and the Lockways Magnetic Dry Erase White Board.