Under Armour Fly By 2.0 Women’s Running Shorts
Last updated date: August 8, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Running Shorts For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Running Shorts For Women you should buy.
Update as August 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Running Shorts For Women for a detailed review of all the top running shorts for women.
Under Armour's flattering running shorts have a 3.5-inch inseam and are made from fast-drying, sweat-wicking 100% polyester. They have a soft waistband, built-in brief, an inside drawstring and a crossover hem accentuating the legs.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Under Armour Fly By 2.0 Women's Running Shorts placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Lightweight woven fabric delivers superior comfort & durability. Material wicks sweat & dries really fast. Super-breathable mesh panels dump excess heat. Built-in brief for enhanced coverage. Ultra comfortable, soft knit waistband with internal drawcord. Crossover, shaped hem for a streamlined look. Reflective logo.Inseam: 3.5″.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Running Shorts For Women
Running shorts generally fall into two categories: short and loose or compression. The first kind is designed to provide increased breathability and a wider range of motion. The inseams generally range from 3 to 6 inches and can be V-notch or split shorts. The V-notch styles are like regular shorts, with V cutouts on the sides. Split shorts have two panels, with the front one overlapping the back.
Compression shorts are made to support and compress, which can improve blood flow and decrease muscle oscillation. You will find these with longer inseams, generally from 5 to 8 inches. Note that these are different from bicycle shorts that are made to be worn by bicyclists. Those have padding on the insides, which is not appropriate for running.
Loose running shorts are breathable because more air can get into the wider leg openings. Look for shorts with built-in liners; otherwise, your undergarments might show. They are not great for keeping you warm, and some find the material can chafe against the skin. Compression shorts are not as breathable and can restrict runner movement. Still, they provide more warmth, and some people feel that compression styles help with endurance.
Modern running shorts come in endless colors, patterns and styles; many have strategically-placed zippers for keys, phones and other small things. It’s good to have storage options like this. The looser versions can have elastic waistbands and drawstrings, but you won’t see the latter on compression shorts. The choice is up to you.
The Running Shorts For Women Buying Guide
- Compression shorts have higher waistbands, while looser styles hit below the waist.
- Look for soft, breathable materials that have stretch.
- Vaseline and anti-chafing balms can help with chafing.
- Running shorts come in women’s, men’s and unisex designs.
- You don’t have to wear underwear if the shorts have a full liner.
- Many runners wear compression shorts under looser shorts.
- If you run at night, wear bright-colored running tops and bottoms.
- Compression shorts are great for yoga, other activities and floor work exercises. If you do those movements in loose shorts, the material will move around and reveal more skin.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide