FHI Heat UNbrush Detangling Hair Brush
Last updated: October 13, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Detangling Flex Brushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Detangling Flex Brush you should buy.
Good for wet or dry hair and available in 5 colorsIn our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the UNbrush Detangling Hair Brush placed 4th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Gently yet thoroughly extracts knots and tangles from even the most unruly hair, painlessly and effortlessly. Featuring the perfect blend of 105 dual length bristles, combined with an ultralight high performance handle, UNbrush® helps reduce styling time and prevents hair from catching. Great for wet or dry hair.
Why It’s Different:
- DuoFlex Anti-Static Bristles™ work like magic, for gentle tangle release and reduced breakage
- 58 long bristles carefully and easily detangle even the most stubborn hair
- 47 mini bristles gently smooth and polish hair
- Works equally great on wet and dry hair!
- Unique backless vented cushion reduces styling time
- Easy-to-clean design ensures hassle-free maintenance
- Ultra-light, high performance handle allows for durable flexibility and ease of use – weighs only 1.5 oz!
Detangling Flex Brush Rankings
It’s common for individuals with curly, thick or long hair to encounter knots on a regular basis. Simply trying to tackle these tangles with a traditional hairbrush isn’t ideal, as this type of brush will pull on the hair strands, causing unnecessary pain. Instead, it’s best to opt for a detangling flex brush, which is specifically designed to be gentle on hair while quickly and easily removing knots.
Look for a detangling flex brush that can be used with both wet and dry hair. Some of these brushes are even approved for use in the shower. This feature is important, as most individuals brush their wet hair as they blow dry it. Of course, if you are going to use your brush with a hairdryer or straightener, you need to make sure it is heat resistant to temperatures as high as 248 degrees Fahrenheit.
Examine the brush’s bristles next. There are models with nylon bristles that have been infused with as many as 17 vitamins and minerals. These nutrients not only work to detoxify your hair but also to remove static. Another option is to go with a detangling flex brush that has natural boar hair bristles that stimulate the scalp’s natural oil production.
Check the detangling flex brush’s handle next. An ergonomic design is the most comfortable to hold. A rubber non-slip grip is also important, especially if you plan on using the brush while you’re in the shower or your hands are wet.
Review any extras the brush may have to offer. There are detangling brushes with vents that reduce drying time, as well as brushes with magnetic bottoms that allow you to hang them from a metal rod. Other brushes are equipped with bristles that have round massaging balls on top. These balls increase the circulation around your hair follicles to stimulate hair growth. Some brushes even have a curved head to match the contours of your scalp.
- If you take the time to care for your detangling flex hair brush, it can last about three years. After each use, remove any hair that has collected in the bristles. If you can’t get the hair up with your fingers, try a comb. To clean the brush, simply swirl it around in a sink that has been filled with warm water a small squirt of shampoo. Rinse the brush clean and air dry.
- Individuals who have thick, curly or long hair that tangles easily may wish to spray their hair with a detangling spray before using their brush. The spray works to coat the hair shafts so that they separate more easily when brushing. There are also hair oils on the market that do the same thing if you’d rather go that route.
- When detangling your hair, it helps to separate the hair into sections. The smaller the sections, the easier it will be to remove the tangles. Work on one section at a time until your entire head is free from knots.
- Construction, the type of bristles used and extra features all play a role in the price of a detangling hairbrush. The Messen Professional Wet/Dry Detangling Flex Brush costs less than the Ineffable Care Vented Detangling Hair Brush, as the Ineffable uses natural boar hair bristles and has a magnetic bottom.