UMIEN Granite Molcajete Natural Stone Avocado Mortar & Pestle
Last updated date: July 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mortar And Pestles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mortar And Pestle you should buy.
Editor's Note July 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mortar And Pestle for a detailed review of all the top mortar and pestles.
Construction from a natural granite, this mortar and pestle are a must-have item for your kitchen. You'll be able to grind spices to use in your salsa, as well as crush pills to make them easier to swallow. As an added bonus, this set comes with a handy avocado tool.
In our analysis of 89 expert reviews, the UMIEN UMIEN Granite Molcajete Mortar & Pestle placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Here’s How You Can Elevate Your Recipes & Impress Everyone With Your Dishes! Have you been craving some guacamole for far too long but don’t have the equipment to prepare it? Do you want to create the most amazing dips, spreads and sauces in a traditional and authentic way? Introducing The Ultimate Granite Molcajete Mortar & Pestle Set! Now you can grind, crush, mash and mix any and every ingredient imaginable with incredibly consistent results. That’s why our mortar & pestle set is made from authentic granite and it will remain stable while you’re grinding or crushing your ingredients. Plus, we will also be providing you with a felt pad that will prevent scratches on your countertop or table! A Flawless Addition To Your Kitchen Counter Or Table! Our authentic Mortar & Pestle set features a mesmerizing design that looks great on your kitchen counter or on the table serving a hand-prepared dip or salsa. Grind & Crush Any Ingredients Grinding – Great for baked goods, sauces or dips. Remember that you can control your results by varying the grounding time. Crushing – Great for recipes that demand crushed ingredients, spices and herbs. Also a smart solution for crushing your meds or supplements. Hand-Wash It For Best Results Avoid using the dishwasher as this is a classic and original granite mortar and pestle set. Instead, hand-wash it with warm water and set it out to dry naturally. This granite mortar and pestle set includes a BONUS avocado tool, guaranteed to take your guacamole skills to the next level! Enjoy the highly nutritious avocados without wasting your time and energy!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mortar And Pestles
If you like making herbaceous or garlic-infused sauces from scratch or enjoy the feeling of working with your hands in the kitchen, then a mortar and pestle is a must-have tool for you. A pestle is a small club-like gadget used to pound ingredients inside the mortar, which is a small bowl. Together, they are a useful duo that helps home cooks and chefs create delicious recipes.
In the kitchen, a mortar and pestle is used to mix wet or oily ingredients to make recipes such as guacamole, hummus and pesto. A mortar and pestle is also used for grinding spices down to a fine powder. However, the kitchen isn’t the only place where a mortar and pestle come in handy. They also have a special place in medicine. Traditionally, mortars and pestles were used in pharmacies to crush various medicines together to create a prescription.
Mortar and pestles can be made from several different ingredients, each lending specific benefits to the user. Ceramic ones are often found throughout Italy and Spain. They are used for grinding up ingredients and making liquid sauces. Marble mortar and pestles are great for grinding dry spices, but the inside is too slippery for crushing up herbs effectively. Granite mortar and pestles are most popular in Thailand and India. The irregular texture of the bowl makes it easier to grind ingredients. Wood ones are most popular in the Mediterranean. However, keep in mind that they absorb the flavors of the food pounded in them.
When on the hunt for a good mortar, be sure to find one that is hefty and durable. Feel the inside with your fingers. It’s important to have a little bit of roughness, but not so much that it is difficult to clean. Ones that are too smooth are very slippery and make it difficult to crush ingredients. Look for a tall, rounded shape to keep ingredients from falling out. Opt for pestles that are broad with a gently rounded base. This keeps ingredients from slipping out underneath it.
The Mortar And Pestle Buying Guide
- For home cooks and professionals alike, the material your mortar and pestle is made from is of the utmost importance. The kind you need will depend on how you primarily plan on using it in the kitchen. The ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set is made out of unpolished heavy granite. The set is durable and heavy, and will not slip during use. Other models have a double stainless steel construction. Look for a functional design and a non-skid base to keep it in place. The Cooler Kitchen Silicone & Porcelain Mortar and Pestle is made out of apothecary-grade porcelain, which means that it’s easy to clean and doesn’t absorb any flavors or odors. The Sagler Marble Grey Mortar & Pestle is constructed from solid white marble with gray accents. It has an unpolished and natural rough interior.
- As with any kitchen tool, easy cleanup is a major buying factor. After all, if you’ve been working in the kitchen all day, having to scrub the gadgets you used isn’t going to be a lot of fun. When buying your mortar and pestle, opt for one that is designed to be cleaned without too much scrubbing. The ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set can be washed with just warm water. It does not need any soap to be cleaned. Stainless steel models are low maintenance and easy to clean. Some even have a mortar that comes with a lid that can be used while pounding ingredients to lessen any splatters and spills on the counter. The Cooler Kitchen Silicone & Porcelain Mortar and Pestle can be placed in the dishwasher, so it is very easy to keep clean. The Sagler Marble Grey Mortar & Pestle can be cleaned simply by wiping it down with a damp cloth. There is no need for scrubbing or soap.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide