UMEXUS Clock with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature
Last updated date: December 7, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weather Monitoring Clocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weather Monitoring Clock you should buy.
Editor's Note January 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Weather Monitoring Clock for a detailed review of all the top weather monitoring clocks.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the UMEXUS UMEXUS Clock with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
UMEXUS CJ-2553 Atomic Wall/Desk Clock with Outdoor & Indoor Temperature Stylish atomic digital clock offers modern look to add to your office, living room or kitchen. atomic clock with temperature canlander Easy view large view clock indoor outdoor clock battery operated easy operation Easy View and Multi-Function Extra-large, easy to read digits. Displays the Time, Day, Date, Weekday and Temperature on one large 7.5in screen. Optional for wall hanging or self-standing. Time alarm with 5 minute snooze. Multiple Languages: 7 languages (English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Danish& Spanish) Self-setting Clock with Indoor& Outdoor Temp Self setting time and date and Automatic DST resets. Indoor Temperature Range: 32 F to 122 F (0 C to 50 C).O Outdoor Temperature Range: -40 F to 140 F (-40 C to 60 C).T Transmission Range: Up to 300 Feet. Easy Operation and Battary Opearated Set time zone (PST、MST、CST、EST、AST、HAT、AKT) and clock automatically adjusts time & calendar to Atomic signal, accurate to the second. Will automatically update for daylight saving time.B Battery operated (requires-not included 4 AA batteries). Low battery indication icons for both clock and sensor.
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weather Monitoring Clocks
You probably have clocks around your home, but how helpful are they? Do they tell you the temperature, day of the week and date? What about moon phases? If they don’t automatically update the time, you’ll have to reset your clocks twice a year, due to the time change, and you may even have to reset them if there’s a power outage.
A weather monitoring clock keeps you up to date on the outside temperature and, in some instances, the temperature inside your home, as well. Some update you on the outdoor humidity and others provide icons keeping you updated on the current moon phase. You’ll probably also want a weather clock that displays the current time fairly prominently, as that’s the information you’ll probably view most often.
When looking for a weather clock, the thermal sensor is the most important feature. Chances are, your clock will be remotely sensing the outside temperature, and you’ll want the freedom to be able to set it anywhere without having to worry about interference. Look for a clock that has a strong thermal sensor that can monitor outdoor temperatures from the area you plan to place it.
Modern weather stations use wireless technology to get the latest weather readings. You’ll place a wireless transmitter outside your house, then set the clock in an area of your home where a connection can be maintained at all times. The best weather monitoring clocks can read from as far as 300 feet away, but there are factors that can interfere. You shouldn’t attach the sensor to a metal fence or near electrical wires, for instance, because you’ll experience interference if you do. Within your home, items like metal objects, concrete walls and wireless routers can get in the way. The best course of action is to set your transmitter and clock up, then if you experience issues, troubleshoot what objects might be interfering.
The Weather Monitoring Clock Buying Guide
- The strength of the sensor is perhaps the most important feature in a weather monitoring clock. You’ll need a built-in wireless sensor, as well as a remote sensor that you’ll place outside. The indoor remote sensor will give you input on the weather conditions inside your home, including humidity and temperature, while the outdoor one provides the outside weather information you want.
- The next deciding factor will likely be the type of information you see on the screen. As useful as the weather is, it also helps to have an all-in-one unit that gives you other data you need. You’ll find many weather monitoring clocks provide the date, time and day of the week. Many others go beyond that. If you want your temperature displayed in Celsius, for instance, you’ll have to search for a clock that offers that. You may also like clocks that provide graphics with your weather, such as rain or snow, in the temperature area. If you’re interested in the current phase of the moon, you can find weather monitoring clocks that address that, as well. If you don’t want a particular information type, make sure the clock you choose allows you to turn that part of the display off and, ideally, replace it with something you find more useful.
- You’ll either hang your weather monitoring clock somewhere or you’ll set it on your desk. It can help to have the option of both if you ever change your mind. Make sure your clock comes with a mount for hanging, a stand for setting it on a table or desk or both, if you think you might want to change it up someday.
- As you’re shopping, pay attention to how your clock will be powered. A clock that includes extended-life batteries can be well worth the extra expense over one that will need its batteries replaced regularly. If your clock will plug into a wall outlet, this might not be the best option for hanging on the wall. Even if your clock will be on a desk, make sure you can install a backup battery to keep your clock functional during power outages, particularly if you’ll rely on it to wake you up in the morning.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide