Ultimate Hostess Funny Coasters
Last updated date: October 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coasters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coaster you should buy.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Ultimate Hostess Ultimate Hostess Funny Coasters placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Coaster for a detailed review of all the top coasters.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Your living room is probably a wonderfully kept place. But let’s face it, it’s not too exciting either. What you need is something to brighten things up, to bring a bit of life to it. What you need is a bunch of classy-looking coasters with sarcastic language on them. Luckily we’ve got just the thing you need with this six-pack of funny - filled stone coasters! What’s so great about these coasters then? Everything! Apart from the entertainment factor these are some well-made coasters that are as useful as they are fun. Here’s a few of their features: - Made from high-quality liquid-absorbent porcelain stone that will minimize spillage. - Cork underside that won’t scratch and grips the table surface to keep your drink in place. - Three outrageous designs included in each order (most competitors only give one design!), giving you the choice of which insult you want to be waiting for your guest when they lift their cup to take a drink. - Comes with an attractive wrought-metal style black holder that can keep all your coasters together neatly (again, not something most competitors give you!). Perfect giftable present! What do you get the person who has everything? Or worse yet, what do you get for someone you don’t like much but still need to buy for? These can be tough present-buying situations and it can seem like there’s no easy way out…until now! With these fantastic coasters all your gift-giving nightmares are over. Gift them for birthdays, Secret Santa, Yankee Swap, White Elephant exchange, housewarming, or shower. Just make sure they have a sense of humor! So what are you waiting for? With their serious quality and serious fun-factor these coasters are a great conversation piece and party starter. You know the score so why wait more? Go ahead - order today and bring your home to life!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coasters
If you’re like most, your living room has end tables made of wood or a coffee table with a glass top. Let’s say one of your children comes along and places a cold soda on the end table. Before you know it, the sweat from the soda can has left a white ring on your beautiful end table. Picture another family member setting a coffee mug down on the glass table, but when they pick it up again, they’ve accidentally scratched the surface.
These scenarios are all too common, but there’s a simple solution. A set of coasters will protect your furniture while also giving you peace of mind. When you start your search for the perfect coaster set, consider the size of the cup or mug you plan on using with the coaster set. Smaller 3-inch coasters are better for tall glasses and children’s cups, while larger 4-inch coasters are ideal for beer mugs and oversized coffee cups.
Check what materials are used to make the coasters. Models like the ENKORE Ceramic Stone Coasters have cork backing, while Decopom Natural Cork Coasters are made entirely of cork. Cork has good traction and is excellent for preventing drinks from sliding across a surface and spilling. It’s also an excellent heat insulator, which means it will help keep your cup of tea hot. If the material isn’t cork, make sure that it at least provides protection against scratches.
Make sure the coaster has an absorbent outer layer that collects condensation and keeps spills from landing on the table. The Teocera Drink Coasters have a top ceramic layer that is very absorbent. They are also coated with a frosted glaze to protect the pattern underneath and to make it easy to clean up any moisture.
Take your style into consideration. If you’re an avid rock collector, you’ll enjoy the JIC Gem Natural Agate Coaster set. This set is made from real stone. Users have a choice of enjoying the set in its natural state or adding a rubber bumper to keep the coasters from slipping on a tabletop. Other coaster sets are available with artistic patterns, themed images and plain colors.
Finally, consider a coaster set that has something extra to offer. For example, the Decopom Natural Cork Coasters come with a handy metal coaster holder. This makes storing the coasters when not in use a breeze.
DWYM Fun Fact
Coasters have been around for more than 100 years. The first design was actually disposable and created by the German printing company Friedrich Horn in 1880. Back then, coasters were referred to as “beermats,” and they were mainly used in bars. It didn’t take long for reusable coasters to make an appearance, and today, these coasters are used in restaurants, homes and offices, not just in taverns.
Did you know that there were so many people who began to collect coasters that a special name was created for them? If you are a coaster collector, you are referred to as a tegestologist. This name is even listed in the dictionary!
The Coaster Buying Guide
- Some companies offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. It’s helpful to know that if a problem arises with the coaster set you order, the company will do whatever it takes to right the situation.
- Beware of coasters that contain dye. The dye can leak out and may cause a stain when it comes into contact with certain liquids. Always dry this type of coaster with a paper towel immediately if it gets wet.
- If you get a little soda, coffee or tea on your coaster, you’ll need to clean it. How you clean it depends on the type of material the coaster is made out of, so check your product label for any special cleaning instructions. In general, slate coasters can be washed with dish soap and water, while sandstone should be flushed with water and scrubbed lightly with baking soda. If the coaster is made out of marble, stick with a cleaner that is labeled safe for use on marble.
- You can actually make a set of coasters with your kids. Start off with a set of ceramic tiles. Choose a photo, decorative piece of scrapbook paper or picture from a magazine that you’d like to use and cut it to fit over the tile. Glue the image to the tile. Cover the top of the image with glue and wait for it to dry. Add a second layer and when that layer dries, finish with a layer of varnish.
- When examining the price for a set of coasters, you must first look at the number of coasters in the set, and then consider the materials and designs used to make the set. Although the ENKORE Ceramic Stone Coasters and Teocera Drink Coasters have fewer coasters than the Decopom Natural Cork Coasters, they are around the same price because the Decopom set is without an added design. The JIC Gem Natural Agate Coaster collection is worth the most, even though it has the least number of coasters, because the set is constructed from precious stones.