Ultimate Body XL Push Up Parallettes Stand
Last updated date: April 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as July 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Parallette Bars for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Ultimate Body XL Push Up Parallettes Stand placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The new 12″ tall steel Parallettes from Ultimate Body Press bring modern height and exercise versatility to parallette design. Our ultra stable, T-bar risers provide ample room for your feet and legs to pass through so you can focus on form and get full extensions for better workouts every time. The sturdy 24″ long, 1.5″ diameter U-shaped handles are ultra stong and eliminate interference with shoes and clothes so you can focus on form and repeition. Extra-thick heavy rubber feet assure stability on all floor types and support any weight.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
When designing your home gym, consider purchasing a set of parallette bars. They are extremely versatile, won’t take up much room and can be used by every member of the family to increase balance and build muscle strength. There are a few key features you’ll want to keep in mind as you browse the available models.
If you consider yourself a beginner or have never used a set of parallette bars before, go with a model that includes a complementary instructional DVD or e-guide. You’ll learn how to properly care for the equipment, as well as which exercises you can perform on the bars and what the benefits of those exercises are.
Ask yourself how committed you are to only working out in your home gym. If you prefer exercising outside on days when the weather is pleasant or you enjoy heading to a friend’s house once in a while to squeeze in a workout, you’ll want to look for a set of parallette bars that are lightweight and portable. Models that disassemble with ease and weigh around 8 pounds are an excellent option.
Consider how much weight the parallette bars are able to hold. Some units have a maximum of 250 pounds, while others are capable of supporting as much as 400 pounds. You want to go with a model that works for the entire family.
Construction is extremely important when browsing available parallette bars. You’re making an investment in your health and you want the equipment to last. Look for parallette bars that are made of a heavy gauge steel that is solid and sturdy.
Check the type of flooring in your home gym. If it’s on the slippery side, you’ll need a set of parallette bars that won’t slide around when you go to use them, as this is how some accidental injuries occur. Consider a set that is equipped with four non-slip foot pads on each bar.
Individuals who aren’t used to the hardness of the parallette bar’s handles would do well with a model like the j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand. This set of bars features plush neoprene grips that are extra wide. The grips provide comfort, as well as extra protection for your hands and wrists.
Finally, you’ll want to consider a set of parallette bars that is customizable, especially if several family members plan on using it. Some models allow users to adjust the height, connecting rod and foot strap.
The Buying Guide
- Some parallette bars are not easy to disassemble, which is a problem if you need to store at some point. Others are heavy and rather bulky, which also makes them difficult to travel with.
- Those who are just starting out with a set of parallette bars should stick to basic exercises in the beginning. You can then work your way up to more advanced levels, which is safer than just jumping right into the more complex exercises.
- It’s important to develop a regular cleaning routine to keep your parallette bars free from bacterial growth. You can use a set of disinfecting wipes or an ammonia solution made of up 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of ammonia. After you thoroughly wipe down the bars, give them a little time to air dry before the next family member uses them.
- Refrain from using bleach or hydrogen peroxide to clean your home gym equipment, as these harsh chemicals can cause skin irritation and may leave the equipment discolored.
- Parents can encourage their children to develop healthy exercise habits by including them in their workouts. If you choose to do this, however, you’ll need to supervise your children’s use of the parallette bars to ensure their safety.
- While it may not be the sole factor, price is certainly going to be something you want to consider before deciding which set of parallette bars would work best in your home. The cost for these bars varies based on construction materials and the height of the parallette bars. You’ll find the j/fit Pro Push Up Bar Stand is one of the more affordable sets on the market, while the Body Power PL1000 Parallettes are more moderately priced. On the higher end of the price spectrum is the ProsourceFit Heavy Duty Dip Stand Station.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide