U.S Traveler Rio Two Piece
Last updated date: May 19, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Luggage Sets and dug through the reviews from 12 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Bool Pool, Top Guide Pro, The Z8, A Top Daily, Review Lab, Luggage On Tour, Luggage Spots, Best Luggage, Best Kids Luggage, Tigernu, Mama Loves Travel and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Luggage Set you should buy.
In our analysis of 116 expert reviews, the U.S Traveler U.S Traveler Rio 2-Piece Expandable Carry-on placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 22, 2019:
Checkout The Best Luggage Set for a detailed review of all the top luggage sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Go anywhere with the traveler's choice U.S. Traveler Rio two piece expandable carry-on luggage se. This luggage set is made of luxurious superior 1200d rigid polyester construction. It features an interior deluxe retractable push-button/ self-locking handle system and inline skate wheels with corner protectors. It has all the space you need to pack your travel essentials including multiple front pockets and a large zippered mesh lid pocket. Need more room? The expandable feature provides 25% more packing capacity. Plus, it features full interior lining and dual adjustable tie down straps to secure your belongings. The solid metal hardware protects your things and the EVA padded front panel is designed to provide extra durability. Plus, the top and side carry handles make lifting luggage easy. Dimensions: 21-inch upright: 21 in. H x 13.5 In. W x 7.5 In. D (expands to 9 In. D); 6.6 lbs; travel tote: 14 in. W x 10 in. H x 6 in. D; 1.3 Lbs.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Luggage Sets
Whether you’re going out of town for a weekend business trip, or you’re taking a 10-day cruise with family, you’re going to need a reliable set of luggage. Luggage is not only important for keeping your belongings safe for the duration of your vacation, but if you choose the right set, it can also be useful for keeping everything from your clothing and toiletries to your books and electronics neat and organized.
When you begin your search for the perfect luggage set, you’ll need to determine your mode of travel. If you’re using your own vehicle, size won’t matter. Most trains don’t have a size restriction, but they do often limit the number of suitcases you can bring. Flying is the trickiest, as airlines do have both size and weight limits. They may also charge extra if you have more than one or two luggage pieces per person.
Once you know the luggage meets your travel requirements, look for anti-theft locks. The Samsonite Winfield 2 With Spinner Wheels, for example, comes with TSA LOCKs on the side. The TSA agent will still be able to check your bag when you go through security, but the lock will deter thieves from stealing your suitcase.
Check the quality and durability of each luggage set. You don’t want to risk the items in the suitcases getting damaged or the suitcases falling apart after only a few uses. Some bags are made using a nice polyester or ballistic nylon, but you’ll also want to consider luggage with an outer ABS hardshell.
Decide how many pieces of luggage you need in your set. Typically, you’ll see three- and four-piece sets, but there are sets with as many as eight pieces. How big of a set you require will be based on how many people in your home are traveling with you and how long you plan to stay at your intended destination.
Next comes the fun part. Examine the luggage set for space and extra pockets, like the Steve Madden 4-Piece With Spinner Wheels. There are pockets on the outside of the bags for important paperwork and items you need to grab quickly, as well as pockets on the inside for storing shoes, cosmetics or chargers for your phone and iPad.
Another important feature to look for when buying a luggage set is portability via attached wheels. Some sets have two wheels that only move back and forth, while others have four multi-directional wheels. The Coolife Luggage Expandable 3-Piece Spinner is a good example of this. Users won’t have any trouble rolling the sets alongside or behind them as they make their way down a hotel corridor.
DYWM Fun Fact
- The word luggage was derived by combining the 1590s word lug, which meant “to drag,” and the word age, which meant “belonging to.” Of course, luggage has evolved significantly over the last 120 years, having begun as heavy wooden trunks that were used only by the rich. Later, the trunks were replaced by baggage, which then turned into the suitcases and luggage we have today.
- William Shakespeare was one of the first authors to use the word luggage. You’ll find the word in Part 1 of his play “Henry IV,” and then again in his play, Henry “V.”
- Although the odds are less than 1 percent that an airline will lose your luggage, it does happen. The luggage is bound to eventually show up somewhere. But if any tags identifying the owner have been removed or fallen off, the luggage is sent to Scottsboro, Arizona. This city has an Unclaimed Baggage Center.
- Each of the pieces of luggage that end up at the center is sold to the public. This includes all of the contents found inside the luggage. While you may get a good deal, you’ll be bidding blind, as all purchases are made sight unseen.
The Luggage Set Buying Guide
- While you can add your own luggage tags to any suitcases you buy, it’s nice to use a set that already has its own luggage tags. These are designed to match the set and typically are of higher quality.
- People who aren’t of average height will want to be on the lookout for retractable handles with a push button that have more than one locking position. The Kenneth Cole Reaction Out Of Bounds 3-Piece set has two locking position, so you can set the handle at a comfortable height.
- Consider your storage space before buying a luggage set. If you don’t have much room in your apartment, three similar-sized bags won’t work. Instead, you’d be better off getting a set where the three pieces fit inside each other.
- Don’t count color out. It’s helpful to have the option to select a luggage set in a color that pops. Then when you’re at baggage claim, you’ll quickly spot your suitcases so you can grab them and get to the fun part of your trip.
- How you clean your luggage set depends on the material it’s made out of. For starters, all suitcases can be vacuumed. This gets rid of any beach sand or dirt you may have come across. Hardshell luggage, wheels, handles and suitcase interiors can easily be sponged down with a little dish soap and water. But you’ll need to dry them off with a lint-free towel afterward. Soft fabric suitcases can also be cleaned with soapy dishwater, but you’ll need to blot and concentrate on only the areas that are dirty. Immediately dab the area dry to keep too much cleaning solution from soaking into the fabric.
- Always check the luggage sets to see if they come with a warranty. Some sets offer a 5-year warranty, while others have a 10-year warranty. Check to see if the warranty is limited, covering only certain damages and repairs. If there isn’t a warranty, you may want to buy a three or four-year purchase protection plan, but make sure you factor the cost into the deal before making a final decision.
- It is important to remember that the price for luggage sets varies based on features and the number of bags in the set. You’re sure to find a set that fits your budget, however.