U.S. Traveler Rio Fabric Expandable Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece
Last updated date: November 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Traveler Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Traveler Suitcase you should buy.
Editor's Note November 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Traveler Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top traveler suitcases.
Although you can transport this traveler suitcase using the upper carrying handle, it also comes with a set of inline skate wheels. The main case offers two outer pockets and one large inner mesh pocket, while the smaller case has one outer pocket. If you find that you need more space, the larger bag can be expanded to fit additional clothing.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the U.S. Traveler U.S. Traveler Rio Fabric Expandable Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Go anywhere with the Rio 2-Piece Expandable Carry-On Luggage Set by U.S. Traveler. This luggage set is made of luxurious superior 1200 Denier rigid polyester. The thick EVA padding protects your belongings. The suitcase features an internal retractable push-button with self-locking mechanism and inline skate wheels with corner protectors. It has two large zippered pockets and amble interior for you to pack all your travel essentials. Need more room? The expandable feature provides 25% more packing capacity. Full interior lining and dual adjustable tie-down straps to secure your belongings. Top and side carry handles make lifting luggage easy. Product Dimensions: 21-inch upright: 21 in. H x 13.5 In. W x 7.5 In. D (expands to 9 In. D); 6.6 lbs.; travel tote: 14 in. W x 10 in. H x 6 in. D; 1.3 Lbs.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Traveler Suitcases
In 2018 alone, $761.7 billion was spent on travel for leisure and another $327.3 billion was spent on business travel. If you find yourself traveling fairly often, you’ll want to invest in a quality traveler suitcase.
As you browse available suitcases, you’ll notice they either come in a hard outer shell or a nylon fabric. The hard shell luggage is more durable, while the nylon fabric bag is more lightweight. If you do opt for the nylon suitcase, make sure it has a water and stain-resistant coating.
Determine how much space you require, as there are traveler suitcases that have the ability to expand. Typically, the expanders are able to give you as much as 15% more room.
If carrying a suitcase during travel is hard for you, you’ll want to look for a model that has both 360-degree spinner wheels and an adjustable telescoping handle. All you have to do is push a button to release the handle and then pull the bag to your destination.
Safety is also a concern, especially if the items you pack have sentimental or financial value. You have the option of going with a traveler suitcase that is already equipped with a TSA lock or purchasing one separately.
The Traveler Suitcase Buying Guide
- Most traveler suitcases come with an inside accessory pocket and a set of compression straps; however, there are some models that offer exterior and side pockets for better organization.
- Review the airline’s limits on luggage size and weight. You don’t want to get to the airport and find out that your suitcase or carry-on weighs too much or is too big to fit in the overhead compartment.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a website with all of the rules and regulations as to what you can and cannot pack in your bags.
- Size and extra features play a big role in the price of traveler suitcases. You’ll find the COOLIFE Expandable Spinner Suitcase, 20-Inch expands to 28-inches and is much bigger than the U.S. Traveler Rio Fabric Expandable Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece, which means it costs a great deal more. Additionally, the American Tourister Moonlight Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch has a hard outer shell that makes it a bit more expensive then the Rockland Softside Upright Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece, which is made out of a softer and less costly material.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide