U Brands Universal Mounting System Chalkboard
Last updated date: February 22, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chalkboards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chalkboard you should buy.
Update as February 22, 2022:
Checkout The Best Chalkboards for a detailed review of all the top chalkboards.
Measuring 17 inches tall and 23 inches long, this board has a nonporous surface and simple wooden frame. You can use it with chalk markers and the manufacturer's dry erase ones.
In our analysis, the U Brands U Brands Universal Mounting System Chalkboard placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This oak wood finish, modern decor chalk board is a perfect and functional solution for the frequent usage areas of your office, school classroom, home or any commercial space. Clean, contemporary and simple product design lines will add a touch of subtle style to your wall. Although all liquid chalk markers work well with this board, the U Brands liquid chalk markers provide the ultimate writing and erasability experience. The board’s black chalk writing surface will require minimal ongoing cleaning care to ensure the best performance and resist ink staining and ghosting. Simply use any dry erase board spray or wet dry erase board wipes after continuous use to clean the writing surface. This chalkboard has a universal mounting system, as it can be hung vertically or horizontally to fit your allocated space. Mounting hardware and instructions are included for quick and easy mounting. The board is packaged with extra supportive corrugate material that is highly resistant to damage during shipping; all corugated material can be recycled once unpacked. This chalkboard matches perfectly with the U Brands Black Wood Frame Cork Bulletin Board, which enables you to create a cork and chalk surface side by side. U Brands dry erase boards are designed from the ground up with U in mind!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chalkboards
Whether you want to provide a surface for your kids to draw on or you want to display a message or art, a chalkboard gives you the flexibility to erase and create as often as you’d like. You can find chalkboards in a variety of styles and with different surface materials to fit your needs. These writing surfaces have also come a long way so that using plain chalk sticks isn’t always your only option.
Many chalkboards are simple boards you can hang on a wall using hardware that may or may not come with them. These can range from portable chalkboards for kids to use at a table or desk to wall-sized chalkboards you can use to present a lot of information or display big drawings. Smaller boards of this type may have two sides. Often, these will have simple wooden frames.
Other chalkboards look more like foldable signs that you can place inside or outside. These usually have two sides and can work well for advertising an event at your home or business. They can come in a variety of frame styles and colors.
When it comes to surfaces, some chalkboards feature a traditional style with a painted wooden surface. While often easier on the budget, this type can be harder to clean and easier to scratch because of the porous surface. In addition, these chalkboards aren’t suitable for use with chalk markers, so you’d need to use traditional white or colored chalk with them. Therefore, these work well for simple everyday uses.
Due to the popularity of chalk markers, many modern chalkboards feature a nonporous surface made of vinyl, porcelain or a similar material. Such chalkboards make the cleaning process easier and offer better durability than porous chalkboards. You can safely use chalk markers, so these chalkboards are a great choice for making creative designs. However, keep in mind some surfaces may not work well with traditional chalk. Some surfaces may also be magnetic for hanging items.
When choosing any type of chalkboard, make sure you buy the right size for your needs. For example, if you’d like to make several chalk marker drawings to hang around the home, you might want to buy a pack of small chalkboards that more resemble picture frames. On the other hand, you might opt for a chalkboard multiple feet long if you’re using it for teaching your kids or you’re wanting plenty of room to be creative.
The Chalkboard Buying Guide
- Before you start using a chalkboard with a porous surface, take some time to prime it. The process involves rubbing the entire board with a stick of chalk and then cleaning it all off. This helps fill in any porous spaces so that there’s less of a risk for ghosted marks or images in the future. Sidewalk chalk can help make this step go more quickly if you’ve got a large chalkboard.
- You can usually clean your chalkboard fine with just a chalkboard eraser or a damp cloth. However, you might need to resort to using a mixture of water and dish soap to remove tougher residue on porous chalkboards. You might also consider professional chalkboard cleaners, but check with the manufacturer to make sure this won’t harm your product.
- If you ever accidentally write on your chalkboard with a regular marker, you can try using rubbing alcohol to remove the stain. Be sure to rinse the area with water and dry it off after you finish.
- Before using chalk markers, always check with the manufacturer to make sure your product is compatible. In some cases, the marker may not work on the board, or it might not come off easily if it does work. Also, you might need dry erase spray or wipes to clean these markers off compatible chalkboards.
- If you buy a chalkboard with a wooden frame, you can have fun customizing it to fit a theme or go along with your room decor. You can simply paint the frame one or more colors, or you can get more creative by gluing on decorations.
- Be careful if you’re hanging a large chalkboard on the wall. Consider getting some help since the item can be heavy, and you’ll want someone to help you line it up straight as well. Make sure that use the right hardware that will support the weight on the wall.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide