TYR Latex Lightweight Swim Cap
Last updated date: July 13, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as July 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Swim Cap for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the TYR Latex Lightweight Swim Cap placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Latex Swim Cap is a true TYR classic. Ideal for children and adults, the Latex Swim Cap locks hair in place and won’t slip off in the water.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Swim caps do more than keep hair dry, and competitive swimmers wear them all the time. They keep the hair compacted in one place, reducing drag and improving speed. Essentially, they make the head more hydrodynamic and prevent the hair from weighing you down. They also help with visibility, essential if swimming out in open water.
If you’re not a pro swimmer, you should also know that swim caps keep water out of your ears and block out bacteria. They also prevent hair from clogging drains in pools and protect hair from chemicals like chlorine and salt; both are known to damage hair after repeated exposure. Swim caps don’t have to be boring, either; you can find them in various colors and patterns.
The most popular material for swim caps is silicone, which is flexible and protects the hair. This is a suitable alternative for people who are allergic to latex. Other caps are made from latex rubber and sometimes have tighter fits; they typically have one uniform color, though. Lycra, Spandex and other fabrics can make the caps more comfortable and are made from the same materials as swimsuits.
Swim caps can be found in children’s and adult sizes as well as one-size-fits-all varieties. Adult sizes are generally made for people with shorter hair, but you can find larger caps that are about 1 to 2 inches longer. Bubble swim caps are shaped more like helmets, with surfaces covered with tiny bubbles; these can also be good for longer, thicker hair. Whichever size you choose, it should be easy to get on and off and shouldn’t move around once it’s on.
The Buying Guide
- There are other specialized swim caps, with things like shark designs and flower decorations.
- If needed, tie your hair with a waterproof band before putting on the cap.
- Stretch the cap with your hands and hold it open as you put it on your head.
- When putting on a swim cap, the seam should line up in the middle of the forehead, and the top should also rest there.
- The cap should not feel tight or too loose.
- After using a cap, rinse it well under fresh water and allow it to air dry.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide