Tyger Auto Deluxe 4-Bike Rack
Last updated date: January 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hitch Bike Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hitch Bike Rack you should buy.
This rack comes loaded with options for different types of cars and bikes. It works on vehicles with a 1.25 or 2-inch hitch receiver, and you can fit up to four bikes on it. The foldable arms make this rack easy to store when you're not using it. In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the Tyger Auto Tyger Auto Deluxe 4-Bike Rack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hitch Bike Rack for a detailed review of all the top hitch bike racks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
TYGER AUTO focus on developing premium aftermarket auto parts that meet or exceed OE quality standards. TYGER Delux bike rack is a handy and trusty bike carrier!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hitch Bike Racks
Riding a bicycle is a fun, healthy activity that can be enjoyed by those of all ages and abilities. Most people who enjoy spending time outdoors will tell you bike riding is a must-do no matter where you are. It’s a great way to explore new terrain, work on fitness, spend time outside and bond with friends.
But riding around your neighborhood gets old after a while, and getting your bike from point A to point B is always a concern. If you don’t have a truck bed with room for bike storage, a bike rack is your solution.
These handy contraptions allow you to secure a bicycle to the back of your truck, SUV or car. This way, you won’t have to fully dismantle the bicycle or buy a trailer to tote them around.
There are a number of different kinds of bike racks on the market. The racks reviewed here are all the hitch-mounted style. That means these racks attach to the trailer hitch located at the back of the vehicle. Because trailer hitches are built to carry heavy items, you won’t need to be too concerned about weight distribution. Hitch-mounted bike racks are a dependable way to go.
Bikes on a hitch-mounted bike rack are held a few inches from the back of the vehicle, which significantly reduces the risk of them scratching your car windows or paint.
Your vehicle may or may not already have a trailer hitch attached. If not, head to your local parts store to purchase one. Then, you can use any of these bike racks to bring your bicycle wherever you go hassle-free.
DWYM Fun Fact
During cold weather, when biking isn’t at the top of your to-do list, you can still utilize your bike rack for winter sports. Hitch-mounted bicycle racks can often be adapted to carry skis and snowboards. This may require an added accessory (sold at bike stores or online), but it’s worth it for the year-round athlete. Plus, it gets rid of the need to purchase a whole new rack for your winter activities. When it’s time to break out the bikes, you can remove the ski and snowboard rack adapter with a few tools and some elbow grease. Then, you can store it until next time.
The Hitch Bike Rack Buying Guide
- Drivers should be aware that carrying bikes using a hitch-mounted bike rack will extend the length of the vehicle. That’s important to keep in mind when backing up, parking and maneuvering the vehicle in tight spaces.
- If you are a casual rider and would like to be able to remove your rack easily and often, the weight of the bike rack is crucial. A lighter bike rack also means better gas mileage for your vehicle.
- Trunk access is always a concern with bike racks, especially for those who are using them on road trips. It would be a hassle to have to remove your rack every time you stopped to grab something from the trunk. Look for a feature that allows the rack to tilt, eliminating the need for its removal and allowing free access to the trunk.
- Having your bike so close to your car may cause some anxiety. What if the bike falls and damages the car? That could be a costly fix. There are accessories, called swing away racks, that prevent this issue.
- Be sure to always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle. Like wearing a seatbelt in the car, strapping on a protective helmet is an extremely easy way to safeguard yourself in case of an accident. It doesn’t matter how experienced you are, accidents do happen. Some states even have helmet laws in place, heavily penalizing violators.
- With most bike racks, you will still need to use your own cable bike lock to reduce the risk of theft if leaving them on the rack overnight or while you are away from your car. While these locks don’t completely eliminate the chance of theft, they highly reduce the risk. Casual thieves won’t typically take the time or effort to cut a bike lock. Cable bicycle locks are relatively inexpensive and can be bought at any bicycle shop.
- If your vehicle has a spare tire on the back, you will probably need a hitch extension to install a hitch-mounted bike rack. This will move the bikes and the rack even further out from the back of your vehicle, so they don’t rub against the spare tire. Hitch extensions can be found at any auto parts retailer.