Tumbler Home Salt And Pepper Shakers
Last updated date: May 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salt And Pepper Shakers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt And Pepper Shaker you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Salt And Pepper Shaker for a detailed review of all the top salt and pepper shakers.
The elegant bubble glass containers make this salt and pepper shaker a top choice. They feature self-closing lids, as well as a special inner lining designed to keep moisture from getting in the shakers and causing clumps. It is important to note that this set of salt and pepper shakers doesn't come with a grinding mechanism.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Tumbler Home Salt And Pepper Shakers placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
salt, pepper, shakers Perfect Places to use our Shake It Free Shakers - We've all experienced the frustration of clumped salt at a beautiful meal in a beautiful location - the beach, the boat or even on your own pool deck. What do all these locations have in common? Humidity. It's the nemesis of salt and many other spices. The moisture in the air creates a molecular bond and when you try to shake it out of a traditional shaker, you get nothing. The answer is clear. Separate the spice from the moisture. The Shake It Free Shakers feature a self-closing hinged lid that seals, keeps humidity out and your spices dry. Every shake of the Shake It Free Shakers brings you an even stream of salt or spice, EVERYTIME! Any Floridian can tell you, when dining al fresco you can expect one of two things, either the salt shakers will be filled with both salt and rice or the salt will be clumped into a solid piece, keeping you from adding salt to your food. The 1.5 oz Shake It Free Shaker Set boasts: Textured bubble glass for ease of holding One-handed use design Sturdy self-closing hinged lid Wide mouth for easy refills Unique lid lining to seal each hole from moisture You may think that these are only salt and pepper shakers but the moisture proof shakers do so much more. Shake It Free Shakers are perfect and convenient for many of your favorite spices. Love cooking Mexican food? Chili powder, cumin and garlic powder work beautifully in the Shake It Free Shakers Here's our favorite recipe for The Best TexMex Taco Meat EVER! (AND it's straight from Texas) 2 lbs ground beef 1 t salt 2 T chili powder 2 T paprika 1 t cumin 1 t garlic powder 1/2 diced bell pepper 1/2 diced medium onion In a 2 quart sauce pan add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika and water to cover meat. Bring to a boil. Simmer over medium low heat for an hour. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 20 to 30 more minutes on medium low. As the meat mixture is simmering, add small amounts of water as needed to keep moist. Spoon into your favorite taco, burrito or over nachos for a fabulous Mexican meal! Make extra to freeze for a quick meal or fast taco salad! Wake up your taste buds with sweet treats! Where do you add sweet accents?? Here are just a few fabulous ideas: Add a dash of cinnamon to your French toast breakfast Vanilla yogurt goes from boring to amazing with a sprinkle of cinnamon or cinnamon and sugar. Add a smidgen of cocoa powder to the top of hot chocolate. Save money and make your latte at home. Add a skosh of cinnamon or cocoa. Don't forget a family favorite of ours! Cinnamon toast! Mix the cinnamon and sugar in the Shake It Free Shaker and sprinkle liberally on your buttered toast, english muffin or pancakes. Don't tell the New Yorkers but we even like it on our cinnamon raisin bagels! A Little About Tumbler Home: At Tumbler Home, we love what we sell and sell what YOU love! We are located on the sunny shores of Southwest Florida and enjoy being a family run business.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt And Pepper Shakers
Salt and pepper shakers are also sometimes referred to as salt and pepper pots. These handy kitchen tools help home chefs add just the right amount of spices to their dishes and those consuming the meals to adjust the food to their specific tastes. If you’re in the market for a new salt and pepper shaker set, there are a few features you’ll want to look for.
Determine what type of material you’d like the shakers to be made out of. Tin plated shakers are often attractively painted to give buyers that feeling of nostalgia, while glass shakers have that classic look. There are even shakers that actually have an inner glass layer that resists bacteria and a stainless steel outer shell for more of an elegant appearance. The outer metal also works to protect the inner glass.
Review the design. An ergonomic design with a non-slip base is ideal. The Tumbler Home Salt and Pepper Shakers have a bubble glass design that also lends itself to a firm grip. You don’t want to accidentally drop the shaker into your food, so a good grip is key.
Decide whether you prefer a shaker set that has a grinding mechanism or one without. The benefit of having a built-in grinder is the ability to make your spices coarse or fine. Of course, no grinder means you won’t have to do any work before applying the seasonings to your plate.
Check to see how the shaker set is going to prevent moisture from getting in the containers and causing clumps. Some models come with special lids that not only have an added lining, but also self-close.
Analyze the hole patterns to determine the amount of spice that can be distributed with each shake. Some models have a screw on the lid that offers three different sized openings. This gives you a choice as to whether you want to shake out a little bit of the spice or a lot.
Look for any extras that may set the shakers apart from other models. For example, some shakers are built with side spouts for pouring. This is especially handy when baking, as you’ll need to quickly measure out a specific amount of spice to add to your dough.
The Salt And Pepper Shaker Buying Guide
- Make sure the salt and pepper shaker set you are interested in is eligible for free returns. This gives you some insurance in the event that the set arrives damaged or not as described by the seller.
- Always read the product packaging to determine how you should clean the salt and pepper shakers. Some models can be placed in a dishwasher. However, many recommend hand washing only.
- Since salt and pepper shakers can grow bacteria, it is important that you take the time to clean them regularly. This can be done by soaking them in a dishpan of hot soapy water and a few drops of liquid dish soap. A small bottle brush is handy if you can’t get your washcloth to reach the bottom of the shakers. If your shakers have an odor, it is also safe to use baking soda when washing them. Thoroughly rinse the shakers after cleaning them, and then either allow them to air dry or dry them with a lint-free paper towel. It is important that you don’t refill the shakers until the containers are completely dry as any moisture will cause the spices to clump up.
- Placing a small amount of rice at the bottom of your salt and pepper shakers is a great way to combat moisture.
- There are many alternative uses for your salt and pepper shakers. You can place cornstarch in them for laundry purposes. If you have children, fill the shakers with glitter for arts and crafts projects. A few more uses include storing seeds, making a tiny terrarium, putting together a miniature bouquet and creating an air freshener for your bathroom.
- As you compare prices, you’ll need to take into consideration the material the shakers are made out of and whether they have any special features. The Juvale Stainless Steel and Glass Salt and Pepper Shakers and the Tumbler Home Salt and Pepper Shakers are the most affordable, thanks to their simple designs. The Smart House Inc Adjustable Salt & Pepper Shakers command a higher price, due to their outer stainless steel shell. Since the Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Refillable Salt & Pepper Shakers come with a stand, they also cost a bit more than the basic models.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide