Tumbl Trak Expandable Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar
Last updated date: April 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Home Training Gymnastics Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Home Training Gymnastics Bar you should buy.
Editor's Note April 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Home Training Gymnastics Bar for a detailed review of all the top home training gymnastics bars.
Made from a high-quality steel, the Tumbl Trak Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar is designed to last, even with daily use. The beech wood bar is smooth and easy on hands, while the rectangular metal base keeps the bar firmly planted on the ground. The corners are also rounded for the safety of your gymnast.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Tumbl Trak Tumbl Trak Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our Jr. Kip Bar is a gymnastics training bar for kids just beginning their athletic career. A perfect kip bar for home use, it features a 1-½ inch diameter solid maple wood bar and offers a good amount of stability for beginner to intermediate level skills. With optional stabilizers kids can easily perform skills like kips and back hip circles on the Jr. Kip Bar. The kip bar’s base can be even further stabilized with a 4ft x 8ft piece of plywood for more advanced skills.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Home Training Gymnastics Bars
If you have a budding gymnast in your home and you want to support his or her love of the sport, you’ll want to consider purchasing a home training gymnastics bar. This bar allows children to practice at home what they’ve learned during their gymnastics classes, so they can improve and advance to the next level.
It’s important to note that not all training bars are created equal. This is one purchase you want to thoroughly research before you buy. First and foremost, the home training gymnastics bar must be solid and sturdy. It should be constructed of metal and not plastic, otherwise, it may tip over during use.
Design is also important. For example, some bars are built with a triangular base to reduce wobbling, while others have a six-point base with industrial rubber end caps to keep the unit stable and secure.
Check the weight capacity of the home training gymnastics bar next. There are models that can handle up to 75 pounds, as well as bars that are made to support as much as 140 pounds.
When investing in this type of gym equipment, it’s best to go with a model that grows with your child. That means opting for a bar that has several height adjustments. For example, the lowest setting may be 3-feet off the ground, while the highest setting is 5-feet from the floor. With this model, your child would be able to get several years of use out of it.
If your home has limited space, you’ll want to go with a home training gymnastics bar that’s foldable. That way you can easily tuck it out of the way after your child has finished practicing for the day.
The Home Training Gymnastics Bar Buying Guide
- Some reviewers report certain gymnastics bar models made for home training use are unstable when set to the highest height.
- While you can wipe down your gymnastics mat with mild dish soap, warm water and a lint-free cloth, you can’t clean the bars this way. You’ll need to use a grip brush, which works to clean off the chalk. Just make sure you brush along the wood’s grain.
- Determine whether or not you’ll need any tools to assemble the home training gymnastics bar. Some models come with everything you need, while others require the use of a wrench. It’s also a good idea to review how the instructions are presented. You may be given a set of written instructions or provided with an instruction video, which is a better choice for visual learners. You also want to go with a company that offers assistance over the phone in case you get stuck during the assembly process.
- Always supervise your child while she is practicing on the training bar to ensure the bar is stable and to watch that the child isn’t attempting any exercises she isn’t ready for.
- If the home training gymnastics bar you are interested in comes with a product warranty or money-back guarantee, make sure you know how long that warranty or guarantee is good for. Some only cover the purchase for a year, while others last as long as 3 years.
- As you begin to compare prices for home training gymnastics bars, you’ll want to pay attention to construction materials, design and the bar’s maximum height and weight capacity. The Safly Fun Kip Bar Gymnastics Training Bar is among the most affordable bars with the XTEK Gym Pro Gymnastics Bar coming in at a moderate price. At the top of the price range are the Tumbl Trak Gymnastics Training Jr Kip Bar and the Z ATHLETIC Expandable Adjustable Gymnastics Kip Bar.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide