TREKOLOGY Trek-Z Flip-Lock Foldable Trekking & Hiking Poles
Last updated date: November 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Trekking Poles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Trekking Pole you should buy.
Update as September 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Trekking Poles for a detailed review of all the top trekking poles.
The tri-fold design of these poles lets you collapse them down for easy travel, but you won't sacrifice strength for portability. Made from airplane-grade aluminum, you'll know you'll get reliable poles with this set. Mud stops give you extra traction when you're crossing slippery, muddy areas.
In our analysis of 48 expert reviews, the TREKOLOGY Trek-Z Flip-Lock Foldable Trekking & Hiking Poles placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Trekology Trek-Z Trekking Poles combine strong aluminum construction, soft wrist straps with moisture-wicking EVA foam handles to create a comfortable all-day hiking experience. They are both stylish and sturdy, perfect for day hikes or longer treks. Trekking poles can reduce the impact to ankles and knees by as much as 30%. Whether hiking for a day or a week, this pair will help your endurance and balance. Grab a pair today and hit the trail tomorrow!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Trekking Poles
A brisk hike can be good for the soul. It can also be good for the body. But if you spend significant time on the trail, you probably already know that it can wear on your joints. That’s where trekking poles come in.
With the right set of poles on hand, you can tackle even the most challenging terrain with ease. They’ll help you with stability and balance on those extreme hills, as well as let you dig into muddy areas for traction. But with so many trekking poles on the market, it can be tough to know exactly which set to choose.
The build of your trekking poles is the most important feature. Not only will a well-built set of poles last longer, but it will also give you more stability when you’re using it. You’ll find many of the best-built poles are made from aluminum, but not all aluminum is created equal. Look for high-quality aluminum, similar to what’s used in boats and airplanes, for best results.
The height of your poles is also a factor. Pay close attention to the measurements. It may help to find a pair that are adjustable. If you choose this option, though, make sure the poles lock in place and stay that way to avoid having them slip once you’ve started walking.
The Trekking Pole Buying Guide
- Durability and support can often be traced back to the material used to make the poles. But make sure you aren’t sacrificing portability for sturdiness. A heavy pole won’t be comfortable to carry around or lift while you’re hiking. It might also start to strain on your wrist and elbow, defeating the purpose of using trekking poles.
- Some trekking poles can fold up to easily tuck into luggage and other items. If you plan to carry them along with you, this can be a valuable feature to have.
- When you’re hiking for substantial periods of time, the handles can become uncomfortable. Many poles have cork handles to keep your hands comfortable.
- A wrist strap will ensure you keep your grip on your poles while you hike. Look at the design of the wrist strap to make sure it will be comfortable during long hauls.
- Many poles come with accessories. If they don’t, you may need to purchase them separately. One of those accessories is baskets, which fit onto the end of your poles to keep them from sinking into the ground.
- If you’re looking for trekking poles to help reduce strain on your joints while you’re hiking, shock absorption is especially important. A pole made from high-quality aluminum material can help you with that.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide