Travelpro Platinum Elite Spinner Luggage, 28-Inch
Last updated date: March 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spinner Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spinner Suitcase you should buy.
Editor's Note April 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Spinner Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top spinner suitcases .
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Travelpro Travelpro Platinum Elite Spinner Luggage, 28-Inch placed 10th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This top-of-the-line suitcase is built for durability with premium design details, including scuff-resistant, stain-resistant fabric, leather accents and chrome zippers. Ideal for long trips or multiple people, this bag helps prevent wrinkles with a Fold-out suiter, while keeping everything in its place with a deluxe interior tie-down system and integrated accessory pockets. A tip-resistant tapered expansion delivers up to 2" more packing capacity and an integrated lock allows TSA authorities to safely unlock and lock suitcase for inspection when needed (default lock code is 0-0-0 to open). Mobility is effortless with the precision glide system, which includes eight magnatrac self-aligning 360-degree spinner wheels guided by an adjustable PowerScope extension handle with patented Contour grip, ergonomically designed for a comfortable handhold and accented with soft, rubberized touch points. Backed by Travelpro built for a lifetime limited warranty with our trusted companion promise which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 year.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spinner Suitcases
Attempting to carry too much weight can result in a back injury. It’s good practice to avoid carrying more than 20% of your body weight. Thankfully, spinner suitcases don’t require you to lift any weight at all.
Spinner suitcases use four, or sometimes two, wheels and a telescoping handle to allow travelers to push or pull their luggage instead of carrying it. You’ll find spinners on both carry-ons and checked bags. The important thing is to check that the wheels have a 360-degree rotation and that the telescoping handle has at least three adjustable levels.
Durability and being able to withstand the elements are also important. Always take the time to examine the construction of a spinner suitcase before you purchase one. An ABS+PC hard plastic shell is a good buy, as it protects the contents of the luggage from rough handling without sustaining any dents.
You may wish to opt for a nylon fabric bag instead, as these tend to be more lightweight. You’ll want to make sure, however, that the suitcase has a water and stain-resistant coating. If it doesn’t, rainwater may seep into the bag and wet your clothing.
Finally, consider all of the added features the spinner suitcase has to offer. You may decide to purchase a model with a built-in TSA lock or one that expands by 15%. Perhaps you prefer a bag with a fully lined interior and a multitude of organizational pockets. Adjustable hold-down straps are also nice, as they help keep your clothing wrinkle-free.
The Spinner Suitcase Buying Guide
- Always give your luggage a once-over before you leave the baggage claim area. If you want to be compensated by the airline for a damaged bag, you’ll need to file a complaint right away.
- At the end of each trip, it’s a good idea to completely empty your suitcase, vacuum out any dirt or sand and wipe down the bag’s interior, handles and spinner wheels. Afterward, store your luggage in a cool dry location, as humid areas can cause moisture that allows mold and mildew to grow.
- Consider purchasing a spinner suitcase that also comes with a warranty. This provides added protection against defects and may even cover the cost of any repairs due to damage during travel.
- The price of spinner suitcases is directly related to the size of the luggage. That means you’ll pay less for the COOLIFE Expandable TSA Lock Spinner Suitcase, 20-Inch and the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch than you would the Samsonite Omni Expandable Spinner Luggage, 26-Inch or the Travelpro Maxlite 5 Expandable Luggage, 25-Inch, as they are 4-6 inches smaller.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide