TRAVANDO Austin Bifold RFID Slim Minimalist Wallet & Money Clip
Last updated date: November 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Minimalist Wallets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Minimalist Wallet you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Minimalist Wallet for a detailed review of all the top minimalist wallets.
In our analysis, the TRAVANDO TRAVANDO Austin Bifold RFID Slim Minimalist Wallet & Money Clip placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bifold closure. Functional & Slim. Travando’s Wallet offers 11 card pockets The slim wallet is ideal for carrying business cards, credit and debit cards, bills etc.. The outside notch allows you to push out the cards easily. Industry-Tested Security. Tested by an independent German quality control institute. Our wallets block the 13.56 MHz band and protect against data theft by RFID scanners. Integrated Money Clip. The metal money clip allows you to clip several bills inside your wallet. Refined & Stylish. Designed in Germany to best combine elegance, quality and convenience. Slim Down Your Pocket. We kept the dimensions of our slim wallet to 4.5" x 3.1" x 0.6". It will fit in your pocket perfectly without bulging out.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Minimalist Wallets
If you’re looking for a wallet that won’t take up too much space in your pocket or purse and still looks stylish, then you should consider the many minimalist wallets available. These wallets offer a thin and flat alternative to the bulky wallets that many people are used to.
Made to be light and compact, these wallets are made to hold just your essential cash and cards. But despite being small, they can often hold at least six payment cards and as many as 12 cards with some models. You can also use the pockets for cash, business cards and other flat items.
When it comes to materials, leather, nylon, aluminum and even carbon fiber are popular choices. Leather minimalist wallets can cost more but offer a dressy and traditional look, while nylon wallets can be inexpensive but possibly not last as long. Aluminum wallets come with the benefit of being waterproof and durable, while carbon fiber wallets are known for being very strong and lightweight.
Some minimalistic wallets have features like a money clip or a see-through pocket you can use to hold your driver’s license or work ID card for easy access. You’ll often also find an outer pocket that lets you access your most popular credit or debit card quickly, and some wallets have a small hole that you can use to easily slide the card out.
Regardless of the material or style, you’ll often find minimalist wallets that are marketed as blocking radio frequency identification signals. This means that such wallets contain a protective layer that can help prevent fraud artists from using skimming devices to try to steal information from your cards that may have RFID chips in them.
The Minimalist Wallet Buying Guide
- While you can find minimalist wallets in many colors, consider a neutral color such as black, tan or brown for the most versatility for everyday use as well as for special events.
- If you feel unsure about how many card slots you need your wallet to have, consider just the cards you use on a regular basis. It helps to do a clean-out to locate unnecessary items like expired gift cards as well as put away cards you rarely use in a safe place. Keep in mind you can also have multiple wallets that you might take with you depending on your activities.
- Keep in mind that carrying as few items as possible comes in handy in case your wallet gets stolen or lost.
- If you want a wallet that can handle tough conditions and be cleaned very easily, try going with a material like carbon fiber. On the other hand, a leather wallet works great for dressier events.
- Choosing an RFID blocking wallet comes more in handy when you usually keep your wallet in a back pocket than if you store it in a purse or front pocket.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide