Tramontina 80131/068DS Oven Safe Cast Iron Skillet With Lid, 12-Inch
Last updated date: January 18, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cast Iron Skillets With Lid and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cast Iron Skillet With Lid you should buy.
Update as January 18, 2023:
Checkout The Best Cast Iron Skillet With Lid for a detailed review of all the top cast iron skillets with lid.
This stylish cast iron skillet is ideal for both the stove and the table. It is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The skillet has a sturdy handle as well as two pouring lips, along with a matching lid.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Tramontina Oven Safe Cast Iron Skillet With Lid, 12-Inch placed 6th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The enameled cast-iron 12-inch covered skillet is part of Tramontina’s Gourmet collection of premium products engineered and manufactured with the finest design, materials and workmanship, outperforming similar products within the market and delivering the best quality and value to the cooking professional and enthusiast alike. Prized by cooks for superior heat distribution and retention this enameled cast-iron 12-inch covered skillet provides outstanding cooking results and comes in a vibrant, gradated porcelain enamel exterior finish while offering an elegant kitchen to table serving option. The self-basting condensation ridges under the tight-fit lid return vapor back onto foods for moist, flavorful recipes. Equipped with a convenient helper handle and two pouring lips, this pan will soon become a staple in your kitchen for recipes that include frying, searing, browning or poaching. The covered skillet has a matte black porcelain enamel cooking surface that is easy-to-clean and PFOA- and PTFE-free. Hand-wash only, compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe to 450 F. This product is assembled and packaged in USA and offered under a lifetime warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cast Iron Skillets With Lid
For most home cooks and professional chefs, having a cast-iron skillet in the kitchen is a must. It’s a highly versatile kitchen tool that can make anything from appetizers to mains to desserts. Having a cast iron skillet with a lid increases its versatility because you can now also braise meats and cook stews and soups in it.
Cast iron is a heavy-duty cookware material that provides excellent heat retention. It can be used at high temperatures so it provides cooks with a wide range of foods they are able to cook. Cast iron is also highly durable so you can expect to have the same skillet for several years. Cast iron skillets exist in many cultures and have different names, such as woks and karahi.
In order to use cast iron, it’s important to season the pan. This helps it to develop a non-stick coating so that you don’t need to add too much fat when cooking. The two main types of cast iron skillets are bare and enameled. Bare cast iron skillets are usually created from a single piece of metal which includes the handle. They are not seasoned, hence the term bare. These types of skillets are ideal for high temperatures, such as using them on the stovetop and then transferring them to the oven to finish the dish.
Enameled cast iron pans, on the other hand, have a vitreous enamel glaze on the surface of the pan. As a result, these pans do not need to be seasoned before use. This glaze also helps to prevent rust and enables the pan to be thoroughly cleaned. These skillets are ideal for slow cooking.
The Cast Iron Skillet With Lid Buying Guide
- One of the most important things to look for when buying a cast iron skillet with a lid is whether the pan has been seasoned or not. If it’s a bare cast iron skillet, it will have a rougher texture and will not come seasoned. This means that in order to use it and ensure your food doesn’t stick to the pan, you will have to season it yourself. A cast-iron skillet that has an enameled finish will not need to be seasoned and can be used right away. You will also use less fat when cooking with this kind of pan because the enamel coating will ensure the food doesn’t stick. Keep in mind that bare cast iron pans can handle higher heat than coated ones.
- Consider how the cast iron skillet can be used. Some are only designed to be used on an electric or gas stove, while others can go in the oven as well. Some can also be used on an outdoor grill or campfire, so they are ideal if you love to camp. Think about how you’ll be using your cast iron skillet most often and purchase the one that meets your needs.
- Review the shape and size of the pan itself. For example, a pan with higher sides can be used to make soups and stews in addition to everything else, so it provides an extra layer of versatility.
- While the pan itself is important, the handle is what provides cooks control and comfort. You need a skillet that has a strong, ergonomic handle so you can carefully maneuver your pan. Keep in mind that the handles of the cast iron skillet often heat up just as much as the pan itself, so in order to hold them, you will need some kind of heat-proof covering. Some cast-iron skillets are sold with a silicone cover for the handle, which makes it easier to control your skillet.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide