Toysical 2-Tier Case Hypoallergenic Makeup Kit
Last updated: June 21, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Makeup Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Makeup Kit you should buy.
Everything you need is included in this kit, which comes in a two-tier design with a pull-out drawer. You’ll get everything you need for a full face of makeup, including lipstick and eyeliner. The fun heart design and ribbon handle make it especially ideal for teens and young adults.In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the Toysical 2-Tier Case Hypoallergenic Makeup Kit placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ALL-IN-ONE MAKEUP KIT: This cosmetics kit includes 2 Concealers, 2 Blush Powders, 40 matte colors Eyeshadow, 5 glittery colors Eyeshadow, 1 Black Eye Liner Pencil, 16 Lip Stick Creams, 20 Blush Creams, 2 Applicators and 1 Mirror, making it easy for a beginner as well as a pro to enjoy. PORTABLE TWO-TIER CASE DESIGN: Carry this cool heart design case with the ribbon handle wherever you go. The inside of the case includes a mirror so you can apply your makeup accessibly. UNIVERSAL COLOR ARRAY: Includes 86 assorted colors and shades according to your preference. Ideal in situations where a variety of shade options are needed. E.g. starters, professionals or casting.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Makeup Kit Rankings
In a social media era, consumers face increasing pressure to not only wear makeup, but have expert-level tools and techniques. This is especially seen among younger demographics, with 90 percent of women between the ages of 18 and 29 saying they wear makeup. While video tutorials can help, it’s also important to have makeup on hand as you perfect your technique.
For that, you need a good makeup collection. You can buy eyeshadow palettes, mascara wands, eyeliner pencils and lipstick, but storing all that can be tricky. That’s where a makeup kit can come in handy. In one handy container, you get everything you need to create a face full of makeup and touch things up throughout the day. But sometimes you can sacrifice quality for convenience, so it’s important to look for a kit that not only gives you the selection you need but that will also offer the quality and ease of application you prefer.
A good face of makeup starts with the right skincare. Moisturizer helps protect your skin throughout the day, but it also helps smooth your foundation. You’ll then want to choose a foundation that matches your skin tone. Yes, you can find makeup kits that include foundation, but for best results, keep your foundation and skincare products separate.
Powder is another product you might want to purchase separately. You’ll need to match it to your skin tone and texture, and the powders included in kits likely won’t give you the selection you need. A separate powder compact is something you can keep on hand wherever you go to either check your appearance in the mirror or do a quick touchup as needed.
From there, you’ll simply need to look for the items and shades you prefer. Keep in mind as you shop that you’re replacing multiple types of makeup and opt for quality over affordability. Less expensive makeup kits can be deceptive when you look at the amount of makeup included in each shade and the durability of the makeup as you go through your day.
- For best results, use a primer on your eyelids before applying powdered eyeshadows. This will absorb some of the natural oils in your eyelids and provide an even surface, preventing creases and blotchiness.
- If you’re going for a dramatic look, cream eyeshadows and blushes can achieve the goal more easily than powdered. Some kits come with eyeshadows that you can wear wet or dry. Simply apply a little water when you need to make a bolder statement.
- Some kits include a large number of eyeshadow colors, but if you’ll only use a few, this might not be worth it. Instead, focus on a kit that includes colors you are likely to use on a day-to-day basis and purchase separately those eyeshadow colors you’ll only wear occasionally.
- For gifts, look for packaging that’s best suited to the recipient. Tweens and teens might like a makeup kit with a more youthful look, but also make sure the makeup inside the packaging is top quality.
- Brow contouring has become especially important in recent years. You can find makeup kits specifically designed for making your brows look great. These will come with brow makeup in varying shades, brushes for application and even tweezers and other associated products. If you’re new to brow contouring, look for one that includes instructions or video tutorials geared toward the kit you’re purchasing.
- Makeup often meets challenges throughout the day that can include humidity, rain, tears, sweat and other elements. Look for a makeup that will hold up against moisture and resist smudging throughout your daily activities.
- Consider how you’ll store your makeup kit. It’s best to keep your cosmetics in a dry, room temperature climate, especially if you’re dealing with liquid-based makeup. You may want to stick with powdered makeup as much as possible for when you’re traveling if your makeup will be stored in a vehicle where it’s exposed to the elements.