Tom’s Of Maine Gentle Lavender Natural Moisturizing Liquid Hand Soap
Last updated date: October 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lavender Hand Soaps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lavender Hand Soap you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Lavender Hand Soap for a detailed review of all the top lavender hand soaps.
The gentle lavender scent and moisturizing formula will keep your hands smelling and feeling great. You’ll get one 12-ounce bottle of liquid soap with a pump for easy dispensing. The formula uses prebiotics to help the skin maintain a healthy pH balance.
In our analysis, the Tom's Of Maine Tom's Of Maine Gentle Lavender Natural Moisturizing Liquid Hand Soap placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WHAT YOU’LL GET: Contains one 12-ounce bottle of Tom’s of Maine Moisturizing Prebiotic Natural Hand Soap in Gentle Lavender Scent. PREBIOTIC FORMULA: Prebiotic liquid hand soap helps keep skin in healthy balance by promoting growth of good bacteria. SMELLS GREAT: Natural liquid soap cleanses skin with a relaxing scent. PARABEN-FREE SOAP: Tested by dermatologists to retain your skin’s natural moisture. NATURAL & RESPONSIBLE: Contains no artificial fragrances or preservatives and is not tested on animals.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Lavender Hand Soaps
Handwashing is an essential part of good hygiene, especially when viruses are making the rounds. But as you might have learned the hard way, the wrong soap can dry out your hands, forcing you to follow up with hand lotion.
You can skip the lotion, though, by choosing the right hand soap. Today’s soap manufacturers realize the demand for hand soap that moisturizes as well as cleans. Aloe vera and butters like shea and cocoa are popular moisturizing ingredients found in hand soaps. You’ll also find some soaps pack in vegetable-based oils or coconut oil for their moisturizing properties.
Aloe vera and coconut butter have additional benefits. They typically have vitamins and minerals that can help reduce flakiness in the skin, while also leaving a moisture barrier behind after you’ve rinsed and dried. Many experts recommend aloe for its skin-healing properties, so soap that includes aloe vera could help keep itchiness at bay.
Scent is another important consideration. If you’re going for lavender-scented soap, chances are, you’ve heard about its calming properties. Lavender is often used in aromatherapy for stress relief, and choosing this scent could be a soothing option.
But not all lavender-scented soap is created equal. Some have a mild, subtle lavender aroma, while others mix it with other scents like coconut. Also, the source of the scent is important to consider. For some, scent that’s built in using natural oils is better than soaps that use chemicals to create the aroma.
Lavender soap can give you the benefits of lavender scent while you’re practicing good hygiene. If you wash your hands multiple times throughout the day, moisturizers are especially important. By shopping around, you can find a lavender hand soap that meets all your needs.
The Lavender Hand Soap Buying Guide
- To encourage handwashing in your household, make sure you have a soap dispenser at every sink. Also hang a hand towel nearby.
- Time is the most important part of handwashing. The CDC recommends washing for at least 20 seconds. Soap is a vital part of the process, as the cleaning compounds can remove dirt as well as disease-causing germs off your skin. For fun, you can teach your children to sing “Happy Birthday to You” twice to make sure they’re washing for at least the recommended time.
- As useful as hand sanitizer can be when you have no other choice, handwashing is always preferable. If you do use hand sanitizer, make sure it’s at least 60% alcohol.
- Look closely at the ingredients in any soap. Many of today’s most popular soaps use natural ingredients, leaving chemicals out of the mix.
- For those who are environmentally conscious, a soap that uses recyclable materials in its packaging can help you reduce your carbon footprint.
- Hand soap comes in a variety of sizes. You can also buy it in multi-packs to ensure if you run out, you have a backup on hand.
- At one time, hand soap came either in bar or liquid form. But now, consumers can also choose gel or foam options. These all bring similar cleaning power. But if you prefer one format over another and it encourages you to wash your hands more often, it’s important to look for the type of hand soap you like best.
- It might not seem like a big detail, but the size and design of the pump makes a big difference in the soaping experience. Look for one that’s comfortable to press and has an output that’s substantial enough that you’ll only need a couple of pumps.
- It’s never been easier to find a hand soap built for those who have sensitive skin. But if you’re known to have reactions to products, consider trying a new soap out on a small patch of skin before going all in.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide