Tiny Love Gymini Super Deluxe Activity Gym Play Mat
Last updated date: December 15, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Play Gyms and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Play Gym you should buy.
Editor's Note October 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Play Gym for a detailed review of all the top play gyms.
This bright playmate features 18 activities ideal for baby's development. Toys and textures stimulate the senses. Choose between two music modes including brain-boosting classical or fun nursery tunes.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Tiny Love Tiny Love Gymini Super Deluxe Activity Gym Play Mat placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Moderate the Gymini Super Deluxe’s level of stimulation by adjusting the number of toys appearing within your baby’s field of vision. You can stimulate your baby’s body sensation and control by placing them on their tummy. As a newborn, the "arches effect" helps relax your baby, providing the security of a relatively enclosed space. At 2-4 months the Gymini Super Deluxe offers multi-sensory stimulation. When lying on their back, your baby gazes at the hanging toys, reaches out to touch them and perfects control over their arms. At 4-6 months lying on their tummy, your baby can now gaze in the mirror and babble at their reflection - helping them to develop language and communication skills, as well as self-image. Amazon.com A newborn will be content lying on her back, gazing into Mommy or Daddys face. And that doesnt really get old for a long time. But babys brain and muscles and skills are developing, and after a while she would like a wee bit more entertainment, if you dont mind. The award-winning Gymini Super Deluxe by Tiny Love is a classic, sure to provide, well, minutes, but they add up to hours, of amusement! And parents know that even 10 minutes of uninterrupted time to make dinner or throw a load in the wash can be a blessing, even aside from the myriad benefits the Gymini play mat gives their little one. And what are those benefits, you ask? The list goes on and on, but heres a start. First, a Brief Description The Gymini folds out into a 32- by 32-inch soft mat, virtually swarming with colorful illustrations of jungle flora and fauna, most notably a giraffe, zebra, lion, and elephant. Overhead two padded arches cross, from which dangle more critters, as well as a large mirror and a plastic bead rattle. Hidden below, baby will eventually discover, is a music box that plays Mozart and several nursery tunes. Textures, colors, sounds, and lights abound, and baby has the power to make all these objects squeak and jingle and jitter and flash, as soon as she can figure out how to make those hands and feet and mouth of hers connect with her hearts desire. Herein lies the developmental potential. Shake, Rattle, and Roll Whether shes waving her limbs around; aiming specifically for the goggle-eyed, smiling monkey overhead; or rolling over to find the source of that I.Q.-enhancing classical music, baby will be hard-pressed not to advance her infant skill set on the Gymini Super Deluxe. From the monkey with springy leg to pull to the vibrating, jitterbugging elephant to the mirror she can see if she just lifts that heavy head a bit higher everything on the play mat has a mission: to make baby learn. Cause and effect is a biggie: when she bats at the giraffe, it rattles. When she pokes one corner of the mat, music and lights seem to emerge from the fabric flowers. When she rubs the elephant ear on the mat, it makes a fun crinkly sound. Those large muscles are getting a real workout, too, resulting in improved large motor skills: reaching, kicking, rolling over, pushing up. Many babies dont particularly enjoy their necessary daily "tummy time," but the Gymini encourages baby to lift and turn her head to see the mirror and find the flashing lights. Tummy time is fun again! And dont forget the fine motor skills! Those little fingers have to meet if baby wants to grasp the zebras mane or the parrots crackling wings. Details, Details Plastic rings hang from the many holes in each arch; dangling from each is a plush animal or toy, providing still more stimulation. Additionally, parents can easily switch out the toys for variety, simply detaching the included toys from the rings and looping other baby-safe toys on. A hidden music box in one corner of the mat includes an on/off switch with two musical selections: 10 minutes of Mozart or three short fragments of popular nursery tunes. The music is a bit plinky, as is the norm with most baby toy music, but not at all offensive. When the music stops, all baby needs to do is press anywhere on that corner of the mat to start it up againshe is further encouraged to do so by the flowers that light up when the music plays. A hidden squeaker in one of the birds, peek-a-boo with the elephant ear, flap-flap-flap with the butterfly wing, tug-of-war with the giraffes tail the play potential is limitless, whether shes sitting up or lying down, one week old or 8 months old. For Mom and Dad The mat and arches fold up flat, and the entire Gymini snaps together and travels easily, which is a good thing because you wont want to be without it on your next trip to Grandmas. The padded mat is machine washable (read instructions firstthe music box and mirror dont take kindly to machine washing ). Three AA batteries required for the music box (batteries included are for trial only and should be replaced). --Emilie Coulter From the Manufacturer Enrich your babies environment with the Gymini Super Deluxe Mat. Bold colors and many tactile features are sure to engage the baby as they discover their new world. Classical music will stimulate their senses. The lights on the mat will encourage tummy time play. This is designed for Birth and up.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Play Gyms
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that playtime should begin on the first day a newborn comes home from the hospital. The AAP states that babies should have two to three periods of tummy time spent playing with parents per day. While this playtime only needs to last for three to five minutes for newborns, this amount should increase gradually until a little one spends about an hour per day enjoying time playing on their tummy.
A play gym can help a baby enjoy and look forward to time spent playing on the floor. There are infant activity gyms in dozens of styles and colors with all sorts of different toys and features, so choosing the best one for your child might seem challenging. Knowing what characteristics are the most educational and entertaining might make it easier to make the best selection.
Play gyms that accommodate tummy time are desirable. For instance, a pillow that props up the baby can be beneficial until a little one builds the strength to hold themselves up on their own. Toys available at eye level and a mat with vividly colored graphics are advantageous, as well.
Baby activity gyms with interactive elements are worth considering. Not only are these toys and gadgets fun for your tiny one to use, but they also help them learn about cause and effect. The toys will help them stay busy while increasing their understanding of the world around them and their place in it.
Look for a play gym that includes a variety of playthings to prevent playtime from becoming boring or monotonous. For example, the Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick ‘n Play Piano Gym has a musical keyboard along with several toys that can be repositioned, such as a mirror perfect for self-discovery and a teether ideal for oral exploration as well as several sensory toys that make fun noises when squeezed, squished or shaken.
Other factors to consider when browsing baby play gyms include whether they will continue to provide amusement and excitement as your little one develops. Babies grow quickly and could easily outgrow an overly simplistic activity gym. Seek something that can continue to teach and amuse your child as they move from infancy into toddlerhood. If the play gym makes it easy for you to play along with your little one, better still.
Of course, as with anything baby-related, a play gym should be as safe as possible. In addition, it should be easy to store, clean and even sanitize. Fitting your budget is another necessity, so consider how much you are comfortable spending as well as the features that matter most to you before you shop.
The Play Gym Buying Guide
- When buying any type of plaything for your baby, consider safety above all else. Purchasing new items from a reputable brand and well-known retailer offers protection, as secondhand or off-brand toys could include unsafe pieces, be damaged, have missing parts or even have been subject to safety recalls.
- Always read labels. Not only will they provide warnings regarding how an item should be used and any potential hazards, such as small parts that a baby could choke on, but they often give information on the best way to clean and care for the item. Following these instructions can help your baby stay safe and prolong the life of the object.
- Choose a play gym that is appropriate for your baby’s current age and activity level but will also continue to be enjoyable as your little one develops. For a plaything to contribute to your baby’s development, it must engage and entertain them now and be flexible enough to continue interesting and challenging them as they learn and grow.
- Playing with your baby is a wonderful way to teach them about the world while bonding. Point out interesting parts of the play gym. Say the names of objects and describe them, such as, “Look at the yellow sun. The sun keeps us warm and helps things grow.” Although your little one might not understand everything you say, doing so helps their brain develop. It also teaches about important subjects such as social skills, vocabulary and body language.
- Try to place your baby in different locations on the play gym or at varying angles. For instance, if the play gym includes a keyboard, place them on their back with their feet on the keys one day and on their tummy facing the keys the next. Doing this can increase mental stimulation and keep playtime fresh and fun for months to come.
- Watch for signs that your wee one has had enough playtime. Actions such as turning their head away from the gym or toys, hiccuping or fussing, arching their back, crying or falling asleep might be your baby’s way of telling you that they need a break. Of course, every baby is different and learning your child’s unique signals might take some trial and error.
- Although learning how to play independently is valuable, babies under a year old should never be left completely alone while playing. Make sure to stay close enough to view your baby during playtime and speak to them frequently if they cannot see you to provide security.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide