Time for Treats Small Snow Cone Maker
Last updated date: February 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Snow Cone Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Snow Cone Maker you should buy.
In our analysis of 75 expert reviews, the Time for Treats Time for Treats Small Snow Cone Maker placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Snow Cone Maker for a detailed review of all the top snow cone makers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The VKP1101 Manual Snow Cone Maker by VICTORIO is great for creating year-round snow cone fun! Use for making snow cones, slushies, party drinks or any other beverage treat using crushed or chipped ice. Long handle design makes turning easier. Non-skid feet keep the unit in place.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Snow Cone Makers
The snow cone machine was first patented back in 1920. At that time, it was used commercially to sell snow cones to customers at big events. Today, we have the luxury of purchasing a home model to enjoy a refreshing snow cone anytime.
As you shop around, consider how often you plan on using the snow cone maker and how many people you need to serve. There are models that can hold enough ice to make 20 snow cones at a time, as well as units that can prepare the ice in as little as 3 seconds. Single-serve snow cones makers are better for home or office use but wouldn’t work well in a party setting.
Check to see if the snow cone maker uses traditional ice cubes from your refrigerator. Many do, however, there are models that require you to use specially shaped ice drums.
Keep safety in mind as you browse the available snow cone makers. If you have children at home, you may want to go with a model that has a safety switch to keep your hands from coming in contact with the snow cone maker’s blade.
Look for any extras that put one snow cone maker ahead of another. For example, there are models with a built-in shelf for holding up to two snow cones. Other units provide complimentary serving scoops, sample flavorings and party spoons.
DWYM Fun Fact
A version of snow cones has been around since 27 B.C. when the citizens of the Roman Empire added syrup to mountain snow to consume as a dessert. Of course, this method meant you could only have a snow cone during the cold and snowy winter months.
It wasn’t until 1919 that snow cones became popular in the United States. They were served by Samuel Bert at the State Fair in Texas. It was summertime, so this dessert was a welcome treat, as it helped to keep fair-goers nice and cool.
The Snow Cone Maker Buying Guide
- Some snow cone makers have extremely loud motors and make a great deal of noise while shaving ice. Keep this in mind as you browse the available models.
- Not every snow cone maker provides a powdered texture. Some are coarser.
- Check the running time of the snow cone maker if you plan on using it to serve a large number of people. Some overheat if they are used for an extended period of time. Those models aren’t recommended for commercial purposes.
- Snowcone makers can be heavy and a bit bulky. This may be a concern if you need to transport the unit to the office or to a party.
- Some models also have the option of adding a party kit. The kit would include snow cone cups, syrups for flavoring and straws with a spoon on the end.
- Speed and quality are the biggest factors that affect the price of snow cone makers. The Cuisinart Snow Cone Maker, Hawaiian Shaved Ice Snow Cone Machine and the Nostalgia Vintage Snow Cone Maker are pretty evenly priced; however, the SNOWIE Ice Shaver & Snow Cone Machine commands a higher price tag because it has a professional-grade motor that can prepare one snow cone every three seconds.