Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair
Last updated date: September 9, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Zero Gravity Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Zero Gravity Chair you should buy.
A padded seatback and removable pillow make the Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair popular with consumers who prioritize comfort. You'll also get a locking mechanism that makes it easy to keep the chair in place by turning two small clamps on the side. A wooden armrest and cupholder top off this zero gravity chair. In our analysis of 56 expert reviews, the Timber Ridge Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 11, 2019:
Checkout The Best Zero Gravity Chair for a detailed review of all the top zero gravity chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Timber Ridge XL Padded Zero Gravity Chair has very sturdy construction. Removable headrest pillow, wooden armrest and a large cup holder that can be attached onto the right side of it. Once you have it adjusted in the position you want, there are 2 small clamps on the sides that you just turn so the position locks into place. It just slides on and locks into place and can be removed if you don't want it attached. The way it's designed and your body lays on it does not make your body ache.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Zero Gravity Chairs
If you suffer from back pain, you aren’t alone. An estimated 80 percent of adults will experience back pain at some point in their lifetimes, making it no surprise that a wealth of products have emerged to help. One of those products is the zero gravity chair, which helps with back pain, as well as issues throughout the body, by distributing all your weight evenly as you recline.
But accommodating the many heights, weights and body proportions of the consumer market is nearly impossible for any product. For that reason, it can be tough to find the perfect zero gravity chair for you. As with any recliner, each zero gravity chair is built differently, with cushioning and reclining mechanisms inserted at varying places. There’s also the total length of the chair. You can have someone who is 5-foot-2 and someone else who is 6-foot-5 try out the same chair, and they’ll have completely different experiences.
The good news is, some zero gravity chairs are adjustable. This means no matter how your chair is built, you can make a few changes and have the perfect reclining experience for your own needs. In addition to opening up a wide range of possibilities, this also means you can buy one chair for multiple people to use in your household. If someone stops by to visit, they can make a few adjustments and enjoy your chair as well.
It’s important to consider the other features on the chair while you’re shopping. Some come with cupholders and sun shades, while others include water-resistant fabric. Another bonus feature is a pillow on the headrest, which makes it far more comfortable to lounge in for hours. Looking at these benefits on the front end will help ensure you find a zero gravity chair that will offer many years of enjoyment.
DYWM Fun Fact
Nobody knows the benefits of zero-gravity situations like NASA. The space agency has known for decades that this type of suspension provides relief to the musculoskeletal system. As early as the mid-1970s, NASA began noticing that astronauts adopted a different posture when in space. In fact, the position you’re in when you sit in a zero-gravity chair is similar to the ones astronauts take when lifting off into space. During liftoff, this position helps astronauts avoid the stress that the sudden change in the gravitational force would put on their bodies. In addition to back relief, sitting in a zero-gravity position can also help with leg swelling, varicose veins and many other circulation issues since it allows you to easily elevate your legs above your heart.
The Zero Gravity Chair Buying Guide
- When you start looking around for a zero-gravity chair, the first thing you’ll probably have in mind is comfort. The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair is a winner in this area, with a padded seatback and adjustable pillow. The pillow is even removable if you’d prefer to rest your head directly on the back.
- The PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge gets its comfort from the fabric that covers it. While most zero gravity chairs use mesh chairs, the PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge features a softer material with padding inside for a completely different experience.
- The Ollieroo Zero Gravity Chair’s comfort is in the design of the chair itself. It’s made with ergonomics in mind, reducing muscle tension and relieving stress.
- Zero gravity chairs rely heavily on mechanisms that allow you to lock them in place at any position. The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair has a patented locking mechanism that uses two small side clamps that you turn when you reach your desired position. With the PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge, you’ll pull the clip back to lock the chair into place. The Ollieroo Zero Gravity Chair has a dual fingertip locking mechanism, making it easier to lock in place than other zero gravity chairs.
- No two people are the same height and size. Although chairs are built differently, one of the best things about zero gravity chairs is that they’re often adjustable, letting you customize them to your own needs. The Best Choice Products Zero Gravity Chair uses elastic cords to conform to your body and let you adjust it to the perfect fit.
- Capacity is important in a chair, too. The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair and PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge offer support for up to 350 pounds.
- Those little “extras” can make a big difference when you’re using a chair on a regular basis. The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair has plenty of bells and whistles, including a wooden armrest and a large cupholder. The Best Choice Products Zero Gravity Chair comes with a cupholder tray as well, which also has a slot to hold your phone. With the Ollieroo Zero Gravity Chair, you can purchase a sunshade separately to attach to the chair.
- As nice as it can be to have a larger zero-gravity chair, keep in mind that the bigger size means it will also be less portable. A larger chair is likely best for someone who plans to put it in one place and leave it. The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair and PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge both offer larger dimensions, so they won’t be as easy to squeeze through tight spaces like doorways. But while chairs like the Ollieroo Zero Gravity Chair are smaller and more portable, you may find your feet hang off the end if you’re over 6 feet tall.
- The cupholders on the Best Choice Products Zero Gravity Chair may be convenient, but when you fold it up to move it, you’ll find the cup holders get in the way. Since they aren’t easy to remove, this might not be the best chair for someone who needs portability.
- Weight also impacts the portability of any type of chair. Despite their bigger size, the Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair and PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge each only weigh under 25 pounds.
- Many consumers purchase a zero-gravity chair to set up in an outdoor area, so it’s important to look at how well each chair will handle extended exposure to the elements. The Best Choice Products Zero Gravity Chair and Ollieroo Zero Gravity Chair are both UV resistant, so you can set them in direct sunlight without worrying.
- As comfortable as the PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Lounge’s fabric is, it, unfortunately, soaks up water. This makes this particular gravity chair better suited for a covered patio.
- The Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair also struggles with water exposure. The metal is prone to rust when hit with rainwater for an extended time. You can buy a cover to protect against that if you plan to set it out in an open area.