TIKE SMART Machine-Washable Bath Mat, 39×16-Inch
Last updated date: November 4, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat you should buy.
Update as July 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat for a detailed review of all the top non slip shower and bath mats.
In our analysis of 79 expert reviews, the TIKE SMART Shower & Bath Mat, 39x16-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Premium Extra-Long Anti-bacterial Bathtub Mat Comfy material Grippy texture Beautiful transparent color that blends with any decor ... Enjoy your time in the bath or shower with an Extra-Long Bathtub Mat that has all the right features for your comfort and safety Safety made easy: 200 powerful suction cups attach firmly to the tub floor, keeping this mat safe and secure (For smooth tubs only - not for textured surfaces)
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Non Slip Shower And Bath Mats
No one is immune to an accidental slip and fall. Nonslip shower and bath mats are an excellent tool to turn a slippery surface into one with traction. The great news is that users can install these mats within minutes. They aren’t restricted to the bathtub either, as they offer protection in hot tubs and gym locker rooms as well. When shopping for a shower mat, you’ll want to consider the following features:
Take a look at the materials used to make the bath mat. Some models are made of an elastic rubber, while others use a top-quality vinyl. The important thing is that the mat is BPA, latex and phthalate-free. Most models are also hypoallergenic, which is important if you tend to suffer from bad allergies.
Look at the size of the bath mat to make sure it has the coverage area you’re looking for. Some models are wide but short. Others are long but narrow, like the Yimobra Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch. You’ll also come across mats for square showers and mats that cover the entire floor of your bathtub.
Check the shower mat for drainage holes. These holes reduce mold and mildew growth by allowing the water to drain rather than pool at your feet. In addition to the drainage holes being a hygienic choice, they also contribute to the longevity of the mat and its ability to remain like new, even with daily use.
Flip the bath mat over and look for suction cups. The Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch has a total of 324 suction cups that keep the mat in place while you bathe. The suction cups also make the bath mat easy to install. Once you place the mat exactly where you want it, all you have to do is press down on the surface of the mat and the suction cups will stick to the tub’s flooring.
Consider a shower mat that is available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect shade to match the theme in your bathroom. The Gorilla Grip Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch comes in 22 vibrant colors, including clear if you’d rather the mat be less noticeable.
Another option is to go with adhesive treads that are designed to improve traction. The SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch take just a few seconds to install. The pack includes six strips for use on any smooth surface, such as the floor of your bathtub, the surface of your stairs or the deck of your sailboat.
The Non Slip Shower And Bath Mat Buying Guide
- Always make sure the surface you want to install the bath mat over is clean and dry, or the mat’s adhesive or attached suction cups won’t be able to stick to the surface properly.
- It is important that you rinse and dry the shower mat after each use. Soap, shampoo and conditioner can all leave an invisible coating on the mat that may make the surface slippery.
- Review the product’s care instruction label. Some bath mats must be cleaned by hand, while others are safe to toss in the washing machine. You may be required to use a gentle detergent during the wash cycle. It is often recommended that you avoid the use of bleach; in these instances, distilled white vinegar makes an excellent substitute. Finally, allow your shower mat to air dry, as most mats are made out of materials that could be damaged by the high heat of a dryer.
- You can make your own nonslip bath mats for outside the tub and in front of the toilet using a cotton rug and a sheet of slip-resistant shelf liner. Simply hot glue the shelf liner to the bottom of the cotton rug, flip it over and set it down on your bathroom floor.
- Bath and shower mat prices vary, mostly based on size. The SlipX Solutions Adhesive Treads, 7.5×3/4-Inch is one of the cheapest anti-slip solutions, as it simply provides users with six adhesive strips that can be pressed onto any smooth surface. The Yimobra Extra Long Shower & Bath Mat, 16×40-Inch and the Gorilla Grip Original Shower & Bath Mat, 21×21-Inch are in the middle of the price range, as they both cover part of the tub floor, but not the entire tub floor. You’ll find that the Gorilla Grip XL Shower & Bath Mat, 35×16-Inch covers the most space within a tub and therefore commands the highest price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide