Tigeo KS-001 Premium Heavy Duty & Multi Purpose Kitchen Shear
Last updated date: July 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Shears and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Shears you should buy.
Update as December 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Shears for a detailed review of all the top kitchen shears.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Tigeo Premium Heavy Duty & Multi Purpose Kitchen Shear placed 13th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Tigeo heavy duty kitchen shears a must-have product for any busy household, these kitchen shears are your go-to tool: . Poultry shears , trim off fat or skin, or even spatchcock / butterfly a whole chicken, much safer than using a knife on slippery chicken . Meat scissors , make lardons, shred cooked meat, trim fat and dice raw meat without needing a cutting board and knife . All-purpose kitchen scissors , snip herbs, cut and open tough cardboard or plastic packaging, shape or trim pastry sheets, trim flower stems, and even cut slices of pizza . Pop top bottle opener , open bottles and jars fast with the integrated bottle opener within blade . Nut cracker / shell cracker , easily open sealed bottles, or crack nuts and shells using the serrated section on the inside of the handles with our kitchen shears, you’ll get many years of use when prepping food for your loved ones. Your is guaranteed why buy our kitchen shears? . Stainless steel corrosion resistant blades , will never rust, and will stay sharp for years to come . Micro-serrated blade edges , designed with complete safety in mind. Serrated edges grip on to foods so blades never slip, even on wet foods . Easy-grip, slip-proof handles , provides a great, comfortable grip, regardless of whether you are right or left handed Tigeo design, Tigeo crafted., When quality matters we offer a lifetime guarantee not like our competitors. Try us, risk free.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Shears
If you enjoy preparing meals from scratch for family and friends, there are a few essential tools you’ll want to have in your kitchen. A set of kitchen shears, for example, can significantly cut down on the time you spend chopping fruits, vegetables and meats into bite-sized pieces.
While shears are almost identical to scissors in design and purpose, they are differentiated by their length. Scissors are typically under 6 inches, while shears measure 6 inches and above. Shears are also designed to cut thicker and harder objects than an everyday pair of scissors.
Before you purchase your first set of kitchen shears, there are a few things you’ll want to take into consideration. Start by examining the tool’s handle. You want to make sure it is made with a material that gives you a good grip, so your fingers don’t slip out during a cut. The KitchenAid All-Purpose Kitchen Shear not only has a handle with a good grip, but the handle is also soft. You’ll get the stability you need, as well as a little comfort.
It’s worth noting that although most kitchen shears are made for right-handed individuals, it is possible to find a manufacturer who makes specially designed shears for lefties.
Your next step is to examine the kitchen shears’ blades. Most modern shears are made using stainless steel blades, as they are resistant to rust and do not become discolored when working with foods that have a natural dye. The blades should also be serrated, like the blades on the Gerior Heavy Duty Utility Come Apart Kitchen Shear. The serrated edges allow for a firm grip on the piece of food you wish to cut.
Another aspect to consider is whether you’d like your shears to serve more than one purpose. The J.A. HENCKELS Multi-Purpose Kitchen Shears have a center that quickly and easily opens bottle caps and a handle that cracks nuts. If you drink a lot of soda pop while munching on walnuts, this might be a better option for you.
Individuals who don’t have a lot of strength in their hands may do better with a set of shears that uses a spring-loaded handle. The springs do the work for you as you squeeze. Since you don’t need as much pressure to cut food, your hands are spared from the strain they typically feel when using a set of shears.
The Kitchen Shears Buying Guide
- To check the quality of your kitchen shears, close the blades and look to make sure the tips line up perfectly.
- In order for your kitchen shears to continue cutting with precision and ease, you’ll need to have them sharpened regularly. How often you sharpen them depends on how much you use them, but every two weeks is a good rule of thumb.
- Kitchen shears can be sharpened a variety of ways. Sandpaper, aluminum foil or a sharpening stone are the most common.
- Beware of what causes your kitchen shears blades to dull prematurely. For example, not drying the blades off soon after they get wet is one cause. Another is cutting through bones instead of cutting the meat off the bones.
- When it comes to maintenance, you’ll also need to oil the kitchen shears’ pivot point. This keeps friction to a minimum, making it easier to cut through tough vegetables and meats.
- Always read the product label before washing the kitchen shears. Some only allow handwashing, especially the models that have removable blades. Others permit using a dishwasher, but state that handwashing is always best.
- When comparing the price of kitchen shears, you need to take into account any extra features that are offered. For example, you can expect the J.A. HENCKELS Multi-Purpose Kitchen Shears to be slightly more expensive than the Acelone Premium Stainless Steel Kitchen Shear, as they have two additional built-in tools. The Gerior Heavy Duty Utility Come Apart Kitchen Shear are also going to be sold at a higher cost than the more basic KitchenAid All-Purpose Kitchen Shear, as they have an added spring to make chopping less strenuous.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide