Tie-Dyed Cotton Tie Dye Shirt For Kids
Last updated: October 14, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tie Dye Shirts For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tie Dye Shirt For Kids you should buy.
This tie-dye shirt for kids is constructed using a soft and breathable cotton. It's also made with a seamless rib at the neck for added comfort. It's important to note that while this shirt is machine washable, it should be cleaned separately from other clothing.
In our analysis, the Tie-Dyed Cotton Tie Dye Shirt For Kids placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Cotton. Tie closure. Reactive-dyed. Double-needle cover-seamed neck with lay-flat collar. Shoulder-to-shoulder taping. Double-needle sleeve and bottom hems.
Tie Dye Shirt For Kids Rankings
Tie dye clothing has been a beloved fashion statement for decades, and it doesn’t look like it will be going out of style anytime soon. If your kids have not already asked for a tie-dyed T-shirt, it is likely that they will request one once they see their friends wearing them. Although tie-dyed clothes can be made at home, the project can be extremely messy, so purchasing a pre-made shirt is appealing to many parents.
When shopping for tie dye shirts, carefully look at the shirt’s material. Natural fibers like cotton, wool, rayon, linen and hemp work best because they absorb the dye more easily. Synthetic fibers like acrylic, acetate and polyester are the opposite; they repel liquid and are much harder to dye.
There is an endless variety of tie dye patterns, like spirals, bursts, swirls, stripes and patterns with graphics. Choosing the right one is really just a matter of preference. Color choices also run the gamut, from subtle pastels to attention-grabbing neons. There are tie dye tanks, tees, long-sleeve tees, hoodies and practically any other item of clothing you can imagine.
You can expect some color fading and shrinkage over time, due to the nature of tie dye shirts. Good quality ones will last longer, and they can also be used as pajama tops if they are still a bit too large. Careful laundering will increase their lifespans.
- Always check the sizing information for tie dye shirts. Some run smaller or larger than traditional tees, while others are true to size.
- Kids can participate in shopping for their tie dye shirts; this makes kids more likely to wear their shirts more often.
- In most cases, no two tie dye T-shirts are alike. This is part of the unique nature of tie dye garments, so keep this in mind and you will not be surprised when your shirt arrives.
- After the first wearing, tie-dyed clothing should be washed separately from other clothing in case the colors bleed.
- To wash, turn shirts inside out and wash with cold water and gentle detergent on the delicate cycle.
- Tie-dyed shirts should be removed from the washer right away and dried indoors or outdoors, but out of the sun. Drying the shirts in the sun causes the colors to fade.
- It is best to avoid putting tie dye shirts in the dryer.