Tide PODS Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent Pods, 81-Count
Last updated date: September 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laundry Detergent Pods and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laundry Detergent Pod you should buy.
Update as September 24, 2021:
Checkout The Best Laundry Detergent Pods for a detailed review of all the top laundry detergent pods.
These dermatologist-tested laundry detergent pods are hypoallergenic. They are also approved by the National Eczema Association and National Psoriasis Foundation. The pods contain detergent, brightener and stain remover.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Tide PODS Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent Pods, 81-Count placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Taking care of sensitive skin doesn’t have to be hard. Each individual pac of Tide PODS Free & Gentle HE Turbo laundry detergent cleans, fights stains, brightens fabrics and is specially designed free of dyes and perfumes. Simply put in one pac for most loads, but use two pacs for large loads and three pacs for extra-large loads. For a simple, worry-free laundry experience that’s gentle on skin, Tide PODS Free & Gentle laundry detergent will keep your family looking and feeling great. It outperformed the leading free detergent on 10 different stains.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laundry Detergent Pods
Laundry has been a part of people’s lives for as long as there have been clothes. However, just because it’s a task we have done for eons doesn’t mean it is easy or enjoyable. Have you ever spilled laundry detergent while pouring it from a giant bottle into a tiny measuring cup or wondered if you’ve used too little or too much detergent in a load? If you want to make washing your clothes easier and stress free, consider adding laundry detergent pods to your routine.
Laundry detergent pods are small pouches made from water-soluble material. They are filled with the perfect amount of concentrated laundry detergent for one load. Some laundry detergent pods also contain softener and other washing products. There is no need to guess how much detergent you need for a load or worry about spilling any products as you pour. Everything is measured out into a convenient pouch.
The most important criteria to look for in your laundry detergent pods is cleaning power. Can they do the job as well as your regular detergent – if not better? Check to see whether the laundry detergent pods have stain removing power for tough stains like those from grass, tomato sauce or dirt.
You’ll also want to make sure that the laundry detergent pods won’t irritate your skin. If you have sensitive skin, then laundry detergent pods that are heavily fragranced may cause you itching or discomfort. Be especially careful if you wash baby clothes using a new laundry detergent pod as their skin can be very delicate.
Do you separate your laundry into colors, materials or delicates? Check to see whether the laundry detergent pods are designed for all types of clothes or specific ones. For example, some are best for whites or darks while others are ideal for woolens or delicates.
The Laundry Detergent Pod Buying Guide
- Many people have a sensitivity to certain smells or strong smells. If this is the case, opt for an unscented or lightly scented laundry detergent pod. This way, your clothes won’t have an overwhelming scent when they come out of the wash.
- Not sure how many laundry detergent pods you should use? It all depends on the size of your load of washing and the type of pod you have. Laundry detergent pods typically come with instructions that tell you how many pods you need to use with a certain load weight. For example, a medium-sized load of laundry is about 12 pounds, which usually requires one laundry detergent pod. However, if you have a large-capacity washer with a 20-pound load, then you may need to use two laundry detergent pods to get the job done. If you’re doing a regular load of laundry but the clothes are heavily soiled, you may also need an extra laundry detergent pod.
- Laundry detergent pods will not harm the mechanisms of your washing machine. The outer pouch material is water soluble and will completely dissolve during the washing. It’s best to place the laundry detergent pouch directly into the drum of the washer, not in the detergent dispenser drawer. This way, the pouch can begin to dissolve right away. Add your clothes in after you have added the laundry detergent pod.
- Dishwasher pods look and feel similar to laundry detergent pods. However, they are not the same product and should not be used interchangeably. Never use a dishwasher pod in the laundry or a laundry detergent pod in the dishwasher.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide