Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube
Last updated date: February 26, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cube Trays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cube Tray you should buy.
You won't have any trouble releasing ice from the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube, as they are made from a flexible non-stick material. Each of the ice molds are a bigger size, which allows you to infuse the cubes with crushed fruit or fresh herbs. You can also use them to make homemade popsicles for the kids. In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Ticent Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube placed 5th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cube Tray for a detailed review of all the top ice cube trays.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
Keep Your Drink Chilled For Hours Without Diluting It, Improve the taste and quality of all your favorite beverages. Ticent Large Ice Cube Tray and Ice Ball Mold make unique 'giant' ice cubes and ice balls that take much longer to melt than regular ice cubes, so you can effectively chill your drink without diluting it! No longer to hurry through your drink; With Ticent Large Ice Cubes at work, you can simply sit back, relax and drink at your leisure; enjoying the full strength taste right down to that last sip.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cube Trays
Nobody wants a lukewarm glass of iced tea or lemonade on a hot summer day. Ice cubes do an excellent job of keeping these drinks nice and cool. Of course, depending on the type of ice cube tray you buy, you can also use this handy kitchen tool to make everything from popsicles for the kids to herb-infused cubes for the adults to add to their alcoholic beverages.
No matter what type of ice cube tray you decide on, you need to make sure it is free of toxins and that it doesn’t contain any BPA. You don’t want chemicals leeching into the ice you’re going to drink later on. It’s also ideal to check the product label for that FDA approved logo.
Determine whether you need smaller ice cubes that fit most cups, like the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube, or larger ice cubes that melt much slower. You can even go with the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube, which makes large cubes in both circular and box shapes.
Check whether the ice cube trays can be stacked or not. This is important if you need to make the most of your freezer space. Traditional models are built to be stacked on top of each other, but there’s also the option of going with a tray that has a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube has a unique lid that also doubles as a tray, which is nice if you need to serve cocktails to your house guests.
Finally, make sure the ice cube tray is built to easily release the ice cubes. You don’t want to have to fight with the tray to get the ice cubes out. The OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube releases its ice cubes when the user holds on to the sides and gives the tray a twist, but other models allow you to flip the tray over and simply push on the bottom to pop the cubes out.
DYWM Fun Fact
Did you know Jin Songhao from China holds the World Record for the longest bath in a tub full of ice cubes? He lasted an astounding 115 minutes! Here are a few more fun facts you may not know about ice cubes:
- Back in 1933, an ice cube tray cost just 50 cents.
- Before the invention of the ice cube tray, people had to chip away at large blocks of ice to get a little ice to add to their beverages.
- Rubber ice cube trays were invented after Lloyd Groff Copeman noticed that the icy slush he was walking through just slid off his rubber boots instead of sticking to them.
The Ice Cube Tray Buying Guide
- It’s important to note that stacked trays can freeze together.
- Don’t overfill the ice cube trays or the ice will be hard to remove after it sets.
- Always check the product label for cleaning instructions. Most ice cube trays can be cleaned in a dishwasher; however, some will require hand washing.
- Ice cube trays are handy for much more than just freezing water. You can use them to make dishwasher detergent packets, sushi bites, peanut butter cups and even seed bombs. You can also reuse old ice cube trays as paint palettes or to store craft supplies.
- Ice cube trays vary in price based on construction materials and the size of the ice cubes. You’ll find the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube uses a traditional design and is the most affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube, as it also comes with a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube and the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube are more expensive because they make large cubes.