Thousand Heritage Secure Poplock Unisex Skateboard & Bike Helmet
Last updated date: May 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Helmets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Helmet you should buy.
Update as June 7, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bike Helmets for a detailed review of all the top bike helmets.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the Thousand Heritage Secure Poplock Unisex Skateboard & Bike Helmet placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A HELMET YOU’LL WANT TO WEAR: Our founder created the first ever stylish bike helmet to keep people who bike and skate safe, while expressing their personal style. She designed a functional and lightweight helmet that doesn’t sacrifice style for safety. LOCK YOUR HELMET WITH YOUR BIKE: Our patent-pending PopLock is the most convenient way to leave your bicycle helmet behind. Access the hidden channel behind the logo mark, and pop your U-Lock or chain lock through. Perfect for the daily commuter. GET THE PERFECT FIT: Refer to the fit guide in the images to find the correct size. Tighten or loosen your bicycle helmet with our Dial Fit System in the back of your helmet to get the perfect fit for every ride. Doesn’t fit? Contact us! SKATE & BIKE HELMET FOR MEN & WOMEN: A unisex women’s and men’s bike helmet for riding a bicycle, road bike, skateboard, longboard, or e-scooter. Ideal for bike commuting, recreational cycling, and skateboarding. OUR GUARANTEES: Your bike and skateboard helmet is backed by our Anti-Theft and Accident Replacement Guarantees. If your bike helmet is stolen while locked up, or if you get into an accident and damage your helmet, we will replace it for free.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bike Helmets
Wearing a bike helmet is an excellent way to ensure you stay safe on your adventure. While all bike helmets in the U.S. need to meet the same high standards for impact protection, there is still a lot of variety between brands and styles.
When you’re selecting a bike helmet, the most important thing to consider is how it fits. A bike helmet that does fit properly may cause you more pain and injury during a crash. Be sure to find a helmet that fits snugly and is easily adjustable. Measure the circumference of your head to see which size you need for your helmet. When you’re wearing your helmet, be sure to adjust the tightness. You may need to open the adjustment wheel fully when you place the helmet on your head, and then tighten it to fit you.
The chin strap also needs to fit snugly, but not too tightly. You should be able to comfortably open your mouth wide with the chin strap buckled. If it feels too tight, you will need to loosen the strap slightly. Keep in mind that brand sizing for helmets vary, so always measure your head circumference first. If you find that you’re between sizes, then opt for the smaller size, which will give you a better fit.
In addition to how the helmet fits, you’ll want to consider the features the helmet provides. Ventilation is important for some riders because it helps keep you cooler and more comfortable. The number of vents also affects how heavy the helmet will be. Some riders prefer to have a visor on their helmet, helping to keep the sun out of their eyes. If you like to film your adventures, you may want a bike helmet that has mount compatibility for a light or a camera.
The Bike Helmet Buying Guide
- The fit is the primary factor to consider when selecting your bike helmet. The fit affects not only the level of comfort but the level of safety your helmet provides. Be sure to measure your head circumference when selecting your helmet size, and keep in mind that different brands may have a variance in sizes. Be sure to check for several adjustability features so you can customize the fit of your helmet for your head.
- The sole purpose of a bike helmet is to protect your head from impact if you fall off your bike. Because of this, it’s important to consider the kind of safety features your helmet has and whether they meet the needs of the kind of rider you are. Most helmets have two separate parts, the plastic shell and the interior liner. The goal of the plastic shell is to provide puncture resistance and protect your head by sliding on impact. The liner’s role is to slow down the movement of your head and dissipate the force of the impact.
- Riding your bike will cause you to sweat, so many riders prefer to have a bike helmet with a well-constructed ventilation system. You don’t want to be dripping with sweat during your ride, then ventilation in your helmet can help to keep you cool and comfortable.
- Whether you’re riding your bike around town or taking it off-roading, you may want to consider anti-theft features of your helmet. While it’s convenient in some situations to take your helmet with you after you have locked your bike, you may also want the option to leave your helmet with your bike — and know that it’s going to be there when you get back.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide