Things&Thoughts Amazing Organic Cotton Nut Milk Bag
Last updated date: September 25, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nut Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nut Bag you should buy.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Things&Thoughts Things&Thoughts Amazing Organic Cotton Nut Milk Bag placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 15, 2019:
Checkout The Best Nut Bag for a detailed review of all the top nut bags.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Love almond and other nut milks? Forget the inferior store-bought kind make your own delicious, healthy nut milk at home with the Amazing Organic Nut Milk Bag! This bag is NOT made of chemical-tainted nylon like other brands. Instead, we use 100% organic cotton that's certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), the gold standard for organic fibers. This multi purpose pouch is not only safe for use with food; it's STRONG AND DURABLE and can be used again and again. Use it for making NUT MILK, YOGURT, COLD-BREW COFFEE, YOUR FAVORITE CHEESES, JUICE, TEA, KOMBUCHA, GHEE, and for SPROUTING! Absolutely no pulp will get through this fine-mesh bag, so your beverages always turn out smooth and delectable. While cheesecloth can be a messy tool for straining, our nut milk bag is much EASIER TO CLEAN thanks to its reinforced, double-stitched bottom and outward seam design. It even RESISTS MOLD when drying. Plus, our special rounded-corner design on the bottom allows more room in the bag and no-hassle pouring. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: The Amazing Organic Nut Milk Bag is backed by our rock-solid 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Our family-owned company is confident in the quality of our product. If you are not satisfied with your nut milk bag in anyway, we'll refund your money, so you can buy without risk. FREE RECIPES & TIPS!: Your purchase also includes our FREE NUT MILK RECIPES (start making your own nut milks right away!), cheese making recipes, cleaning tips, cold-brew coffee making recipes, and juicing tips. GREAT HEALTH CONSCIOUS GIFT: Makes a GREAT GIFT for budget and health conscious people who care about the environment. CAUSE-ORIENTED: Our family-owned company is on a mission to save our Bee's! A portion of proceeds from each purchase goes to Honey Love to help protect and save our bees!WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SAVING THE BEES. Click "ADD TO CART" to buy now!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nut Bags
Moo-ve over, cow’s milk: nut milks are on the market and here to stay. Milk made from almonds, cashews and coconuts are lining grocery store shelves. They’re must-haves for shoppers with dietary restrictions, milk allergies, vegans or anyone looking for new flavors. The only issue? They’re pricier than cow’s milk, and that adds up.
Luckily, you can make your own nut-based milk at home with the help of a nut bag. Nut bags are fabric pouches that help you strain raw nut milk, removing pulp and creating a smoother, creamier nut milk. Using a nut bag will give your milk a texture that’s closer to traditional milk, and you can use the leftover pulp for other cooking projects.
Nut bags are an inexpensive way to create your own fresh non-dairy milk at home. Making nut milk at home is simple. Purchase a bulk amount of your preferred nut, soak them in water for several hours, then pop the nuts in a blender. Use your nut bag to strain the mixture for a delicious result.
Most nut bags are made from nylon mesh. This sturdy material is stretch-resistant, easy to clean and won’t hang onto odors. They come in various sizes for both small and large batches of nut milk.
DWYM Fun Fact
Dairy-free milk alternatives have boomed in popularity over the last decade, but they’ve been around for centuries. Almonds are native to the Middle East, and the first mention of almond milk is in a cookbook from Iraq during the 1200s.
Almond milk was also one of the few foods that Catholics were allowed to consume during Lent. Cookbooks from the Middle Ages list almond milk as an acceptable food to eat on fasting days, along with pea purees and fish stock.
The Nut Bag Buying Guide
- Nut bags grant you a great deal of freedom in making your own types of milk. Almonds are a go-to for nut milk, but you can also use cashews, coconut or hazelnuts.
- If you’re using larger nuts or making a bigger batch of nut milk, make sure you have a larger nut bag on hand. Using the wrong size can cause a messy overflow of nut pulp.
- The toughest nut bags are made from nylon mesh, but organic cotton bags are also available. Cotton bags are perfect for anyone sticking to a fully organic lifestyle.
- Your nut milk will have a smoother texture if you use the proper technique while straining. Instead of twisting the bag and wringing out the liquid, let the pulp sit at the bottom of the nut bag. Then pull the drawstring closed and slowly squeeze from the top down until only pulp is left in the bag.
- Clean your nut bag as soon as you buy it, and clean it again after every use. Wash the outside of the bag with fragrance-free organic or natural soap, then flip it inside out and wash the inside. Rinse the bag with running water until it’s completely soap-free.
- To remove odors from your nut bag, soak it in a mixture of vinegar and water. This solution will also sanitize your nut bag.