Thermik Roto-Molded Hard Cooler
Last updated date: July 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hard Coolers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hard Cooler you should buy.
Update as July 26, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hard Cooler for a detailed review of all the top hard coolers.
This rugged cooler uses single-piece rotationally molded construction. It has the same footprint as a convenient 20-quart cooler with extra height to accommodate 5 additional quarts. It's also packed with features such as a bottle opener, dry-keeper basket, drink holder and cutting-board separator.
In our analysis, the Thermik Thermik Roto-Molded Hard Cooler placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Same footprint as a 20 qt cooler with extra depth for 5 quarts of increased volume and the same convenience of a smaller cooler. Rugged one piece rotationally molded construction with textured top lid and soft damage proof latches. Thick urethane insulation keeps ice for 5+ days, the same retention performance as Yeti and Rtic. Freezer grade lid seal with vacuum release button to prevent stuck lids. Features indestructible hinge, durable rubber feet and tie down holes and includes cutting board separator, dry keeper basket, and drink holder - 5 year warranty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hard Coolers
Coolers are an essential item for trips to the beach, camping, fishing, sporting events, tailgates and other excursions. There are a wide variety of hard coolers on the market, so choosing one comes down to identifying your specific needs as well as taking into account some general considerations.
First, you’ll want to think about the size or capacity and insulation abilities of the cooler. With size, it’s important to look at both internal and external size, as well as what part of that volume is insulated. Insulation commonly takes up a fair amount of room between the external and internal walls of the cooler, so a cooler that’s medium-sized on the outside (making it easier to store and transport) might not have sufficient capacity on the inside for your needs.
The insulation itself needs to be evaluated on how long it will keep items cool and is usually measured in the number of days it can protect ice. This can be essential for longer trips, but maybe less important for tailgating or making sure your child’s sports team has cold drinks at the end of the game.
In addition, consider how heavy the cooler is, how it will be transported and additional features, such as dry storage or cupholders. To get the cooler where you need it to go, will you carry it with handles on either side, a central lid handle or shoulder strap? Does the cooler also have wheels?
Many coolers feature cupholders or can double as seating. There are even some coolers that have a built-in ruler for measuring fish.
The Hard Cooler Buying Guide
- When considering cooler size and capacity, don’t forget to take into account the shape or how it’s distributed. While a 6-quart cooler may sound sufficient for a bottle of wine, if it’s cube-shaped rather than rectangular or tall, it might not be able to accommodate a long object, either horizontally or vertically.
- Materials that make up coolers can often be less than eco-friendly. However, more and more coolers on the market are being made from greener materials. If this is a priority for you, look for this to be called out in the cooler description.
- Surprisingly, not all hard coolers are waterproof. Pay attention to the lid seals and drainage features, which are also helpful for cleaning your cooler.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide