Therm Kids’ Lined Rain Jacket
Last updated date: April 15, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Rain Jackets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Rain Jacket you should buy.
Update as April 30, 2022:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Rain Jacket for a detailed review of all the top kids' rain jackets.
This unique rain jacket features a hidden pattern that only shows up when the jacket gets wet. The shell is 5,000mm waterproof and 100% windproof, with a warm lining that will help out on those chilly fall and spring days. The jacket is made from recycled plastic for a sustainable alternative to traditional outerwear.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Therm Kids' Lined Rain Jacket placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Recycled PET. Zipper closure. Machine Wash. MAGIC PATTERN – When the raincoat gets wet, a secret pattern is revealed! See the SplashMagic pattern appear in the rain then disappear again when dry. Fun for toddler and big kids alike! RAIN AND WIND – This fleece lined boys rain jacket has a 5,000mm waterproof, 100% windproof shell to keep kids warm and dry in stormy weather. With hood, zip closure, and long back for added protection. SENSORY FRIENDLY: The boys raincoat is lined with ultra-soft fleece to provide a warm, comfortable feel against the body. The coat lining is also breathable to prevent overheating. SUSTAINABLE: Made with 100% rPET fabric, from GRS certified recycled plastic. The packaging is certified under ASTM D6400, Vincotte OK Compost HOME and AS 5810 as set out by California law. RISK FREE: We ensure all of our premium quality kids raincoats are durable, comfortable, and machine washable. If the jacket isn’t right for you for any reason, we invite you to return for a full refund or exchange. Shop our complete line of high quality, sustainable kids rain jackets and outdoor wear.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Rain Jackets
As much as your kids would probably just like to stay home when it’s pouring rain outside, they still have to go to school. Besides, playing in the rain can be fun! That’s where a good rain jacket can come in.
With the right material, your kids can put on a jacket that will keep them relatively dry, even in the rainiest conditions. But there are some things to consider when you’re shopping for a kids’ rain jacket.
First, there’s the material of the jacket itself. Today’s outerwear manufacturers have found innovative materials that provide waterproofing. Nylon and polyester are typical, but that doesn’t mean those materials are in themselves waterproof. Waterproof jackets are designed in a way that maximizes water resistance, so it’s important to look for that distinction.
But the best material in the world won’t help if there are crevices that allow water to pass through. You’ll need a jacket that zips all the way to the top, and preferably elastic wristbands that will keep water from slipping in at the hands. If a jacket is long enough, you may not need an elastic hem, since gravity will keep the water going toward the ground. A hood is also essential, but consider whether you’ll want a removable hood for those non-rainy days when your child still wants to wear the jacket because it has invariably become their favorite!
The Kids' Rain Jacket Buying Guide
- In addition to waterproofing, a useful rain jacket has a lightweight build that makes it comfortable through the wettest days of spring and summer. If you’re in a colder climate, though, a slightly thicker jacket with a lining may be the best option.
- Some jackets have softer inner linings that make them more comfortable.
- If pockets are important, look carefully for those while you’re shopping. Pockets should have zippers or buttoned flaps on them so that internal contents are protected against the rain.
- Make sure the jacket you choose for your little one has some extra room so that if your child grows a size or two, you won’t have to replace it right away.
- A rain jacket will inevitably get dirty. Make sure the jacket you choose is machine washable for easy cleanup between uses.
- As nice as a hood can be in rainstorms, your child may still want to wear it on non-rainy days. A removable hood will add to the rain jacket’s usefulness.
- Reflective clothing can be a great safety measure in dark conditions. Some rain jackets have this built in for extra peace of mind.
- If protecting the environment is a concern for you, fine a rain jacket that’s made from sustainable materials.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide