Theodore Magnus Easy Clean Eco-Friendly Welcome Mat
Last updated: August 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Welcome Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Welcome Mat you should buy.
Measuring 30 inches in length and 15 inches in width, this welcome mat works well in front of a porch door, mudroom or front entryway. The bristles are made from natural fibers that do an excellent job of gently removing dirt for visitors' shoes. When the mat is in need of a cleaning, simply shake it to release trapped dirt and debris.
In our analysis, the Theodore Magnus Easy Clean Eco-Friendly Welcome Mat placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Liven up your front door decor with an inviting coir outdoor mat. Crafted from the highest quality coconut husk fibers to welcome all your guests. Durable welcome mat features a premium vinyl backing to prevent slips or falls, letting the absorbant coir bristles trap in dirt, so you can wipe your feet worry-free. Coir front door rug is also easy to clean, simply shake or sweep away all dirt and debris. Place welcome mats at any entrance! Ideal as indoor mats for entryway or as outdoor front porch decor. OUR PROMISE – We strive to make quality products responsibly and we offer a risk-free buying experience: If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our products, you can return them for a full refund, we even pay your return shipping!
Welcome Mat Rankings
Your front door is the entryway to your home. It’s the first impression you make on guests, whether someone stops by to sell you something or friends and family come to visit.
For that reason, a welcome mat is more than just a place for visitors to wipe their feet before entering your home. Sure, it serves that purpose, but there’s also an attractiveness factor, as well. You want your welcome mat to set the tone for the rest of your house.
Before you start shopping, it’s important to know what to look for. As a general rule, the width of your welcome mat should be no more than 80% of your front door’s width. Measure your front door and pay attention to the dimensions of each welcome mat as you’re shopping.
The weight of your mat is also important. You’ll want a mat that’s durable, especially if it will be exposed to the elements. A nonskid bottom can make a big difference, giving you stability as you step onto it even when the ground beneath it is a little wet.
The build of the mat is also key. Most outdoor welcome mats are made of rubber, which is a durable, weighty material. But rubber can’t do as well when it comes to removing debris or mud from your shoes. For that, many mats will combine rubber and some type of raised fiber to remove the debris and moisture while also giving you a stable surface as you enter the house.
- Welcome mats come in a variety of thicknesses. A thicker mat can provide more durability. Look for one that’s at least a half an inch thick.
- Keep in mind that if a mat isn’t underneath a covered area, it will have constant exposure to the elements. The sun will naturally fade the dyes in a mat over time, so you may want to look for one that’s built to hold up to daily UV exposure.
- If you’re environmentally conscious, there are eco-friendly mats made from natural materials like coconut husks.
- You can find a variety of design options, including some for pet lovers and some that will add a little class to your front porch.
- Keep in mind that you’ll occasionally need to clean your mat. Look for one you can spray off with a garden hose or wipe with a cloth.
- Although cast-iron doormats have become trendy, they aren’t so good at removing mud or debris. These mats are more for decoration than functionality.
- You’ll find doormats in a variety of shapes. Rectangular is the typical option, but semicircular and circular shapes are also popular.