The Wine Savant Diamond Whiskey Decanter
Last updated date: October 26, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bar Serving Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bar Serving Set you should buy.
Editor's Note November 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bar Serving Set for a detailed review of all the top bar serving sets.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the The Wine Savant The Wine Savant Diamond Whiskey Decanter placed 8th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Center diamond decanter will beautiful decant your whiskey and aesthetically changes a whole office or bar setting, it will be the centerpiece of your conversation. Carefully hand crafted and artistically constructed. The decanter and diamond glasses will make anyone admire the artfully detailed diamond shape and it's aesthetic mahogany base.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bar Serving Sets
If you keep liquor around the house, you need a good serving set. This is especially true if you regularly host guests. With a decorative set of glasses, you’ll immediately send the message that it’s time to relax and enjoy a good drink.
One of the most important features of a serving set is the decanter. Although decanters are great for holding your beverages for pouring later, they actually serve a very important purpose. A decanter is designed to help your liquor retain its flavor and consistency. They’re particularly popular for whiskey and wine, although the two beverages need very different types of decanters, so make sure you choose the one that fits your own needs.
A decanter allows the liquid inside to breathe, so in using it, you’ll find your drinks are more richly flavored than if you’d poured them directly from the bottle. But each decanter comes with a stopper that should create an airtight seal when in place. One of the biggest issues with decanters is that the included stopper allows air through, so make sure your chosen set has a decanter with a good seal.
When you consider bar serving sets, you probably think solely of your favorite after-work drink. But some serving sets are versatile enough to use with any type of beverage, from your morning glass of orange juice to that iced tea you like with lunch. If you prefer a multipurpose serving set, make sure you look for that while you’re shopping.
Many decanters are made using crystal, and that meant at one time, lead was found in the decanters people used. If you’ll be storing your beverages in your decanter for a period of time, this could become a problem, as the lead could leach into the liquid and create health concerns. Check for verbiage that indicates the bar set is lead-free.
The Bar Serving Set Buying Guide
- Typically, with a bar set, you’ll get four glasses, a decanter and a serving tray. But the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set has six glasses. Other gift sets come with just four glasses.
- Decanter size is also worth taking into consideration. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set can hold around 33 ounces of liquid. Other models are closer to 28 ounces.
- When it comes to design, the SHIGOO Globe Decanter Bar Serving Set stands out, with a round decanter and nautical etchings that make it a perfect gift. If you prefer the more classic look, though, the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set delivers that typical bar set look.
- In addition to its standout design, the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set earns points for ease of storage. It has a wooden stand that you can use to slide it into a cabinet when you aren’t using it.
- Not all decanters are created equal when it comes to storing liquid. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set is great for rum, vodka and tequila, while the SHIGOO Globe Decanter Bar Serving Set works well for those who love whiskey, scotch and bourbon. Other decanters not only accommodate whiskey, scotch, bourbon and vodka, but also wine. Models made using a diamond cut are great for every type of beverage, including juices and water.
- Today’s consumers have grown used to tumblers that keep their beverages cold for hours. Bar sets add that feature in by using a type of glass that reduces condensation and keeps coolness in. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set uses ultra-clarity glass for this.
- The hourglass design of the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set makes the decanter easy to hold while you’re pouring.
- You have the option of dishwasher cleaning or handwashing with most bar sets. If that’s important to you, make sure your chosen decanter and glasses are dishwasher-safe.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide