The Original Bucket Stool Elevated Position Bucket Seat Lid
Last updated date: May 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bucket Seat Lids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bucket Seat Lid you should buy.
Update as May 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bucket Seat Lid for a detailed review of all the top bucket seat lids.
Simple yet comfortable, this seat sits atop a bucket with plenty of space for you to still access the bucket’s contents without having to stand. It fits 3.5-, 5 and 6-gallon buckets and features a comfortable build. It has a capacity of 300 pounds for a reliable solution.
In our analysis, the The Original Bucket Stool The Original Bucket Stool Elevated Position Bucket Seat Lid placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ever sit on a bucket and still need to use the bucket for bucket related tasks? It’s a little difficult with your rear end in the way. The Original Bucket Stool solves a problem that is as old as time.. or at least as old as buckets. This handy, sturdy little stool turns your average 3.5, 5, or 6 gallon bucket into a COMFORTABLE place to take a seat AND you still have access to the bucket. It doesn’t matter if you’re working in the garden, detailing your car, fishing, or training Jr for his major league debut the bucket stool offers a simple solution for a simple problem, it’s hard to use a bucket if it’s under your butt. Not only is The Original Bucket Stool a handy little seat, it’s also a lid. No need to use both hands to carry your bucket and chair, just flip the bucket stool over and it snaps into place keeping your other hand free and bucket stuff in the bucket. Worried about this dandy little stool not being strong enough to hold up? No worries, The Original Bucket Stool is rated for 300lbs!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bucket Seat Lids
DIY home renovation projects saw a surge during the pandemic, and some homeowners still have tasks to complete. Even if you’re finished with your pandemic projects, you may have a few leftover supplies. If one of those supplies is a bucket, you may not realize you can turn it into a seat that you can use for a variety of purposes.
A bucket seat is great for finding a little comfort during your projects, but you can also take it to tailgating events, use it while fishing or keep around for seating when you have your next backyard barbecue. Those buckets that were once filled with paint, concrete or other supplies are heavy duty, which means they can support hundreds of pounds.
But that doesn’t mean a bucket makes for comfortable seating. Even if you still have the lid that came with the bucket, you might find it makes sitting awkward. That’s where a good bucket seat lid can help.
A bucket seat lid is designed to fit on top of a bucket, creating a chair wherever you need one. Some even allow access to the contents inside the bucket. That means if you’re detailing your car tires or washing your front porch, you can simply reach inside to rinse off your sponge or grab more soapy water. If you’re tailgating, you can store your drinks on ice inside the bucket. Just reach in and grab a drink when you’re ready.
Comfort varies from one bucket seat lid to the next. Some are more padded than others, so if you’ll be sitting for a while, you might want to put comfort first. One that’s not padded may be easier to move around on if you’re using it to paint or detail your car, though, so it’s worth weighing those priorities, as well.
The Bucket Seat Lid Buying Guide
- If you think you’ll want to still be able to access the contents of your bucket while you’re seated, keep that in mind. Some are elevated slightly or have a cutout to let you reach down into the bucket without having to stand and remove the lid.
- Buckets come in various sizes, so make sure the seat lid you choose fits your bucket sizes. You’ll find seat lids for buckets measuring 3.5 gallons, 4 gallons, 5 gallons and 6 gallons, but you’ll often see “standard size” listed, too. If your bucket is unusually sized, you might find that the lid you choose doesn’t quite fit.
- Each bucket seat lid has a limited weight capacity. Pay attention to this as you’re shopping. Also make sure the bucket you’re using as a seat can handle the weight of an adult seated on it.
- Look at how the seat lid attaches to the bucket. Some easily snap on and off, while others require a little extra work. When you’re busy working on a project, you might not want to have to put extra effort into attaching and removing your lid.
- If you plan to use the seat lid as a lid to contain items when not in use, make sure it forms a tight enough seal. For more environmentally sensitive contents, you may want to hold onto the original lid for storage purposes.
- You can find bucket seat lids in a variety of colors if you want to show off your personal style. You can also find some with fun patterns like camouflage, which is perfect for hunting or fishing.
- Some lids are sold with matching buckets to create a bucket seat that stands out when you’re out tailgating or fishing with your buddies.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide