The Honest Company Essential Oil Chest Rub
Last updated: December 2, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chest Rubs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chest Rub you should buy.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the The Honest Company Essential Oil Chest Rub placed 9th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Honest Organic Breathe Easy Rub’s aromatic vapor helps soothe and calm with organic lavender and rosemary oils. Our pure and natural formula helps support clear breathing with organic eucalyptus and tea tree oils. It’s hypoallergenic and safe for even the most sensitive skin. It’s also gentle enough for the entire family. For babies 3 months and older, gently massage onto chest, neck, and back to soothe and comfort. Also try massaging onto bottom of feet then cover with cozy socks. Honest baby rub is made with organic and hypoallergenic ingredients, and a dash of love. At Honest, we’re on a mission to empower people to live happy, healthy lives, and giving back drives who we are and what we do. It is in our brand DNA and informs every aspect of our business and operations. We believe that it is our responsibility to do our part to help create a healthy and sustainable future for all. This deep sense of purpose is passionately demonstrated in our actions and service to our families, our planet, and our communities as we strive to create long-term value and positive social impact for all. Trusted. Gentle. Clean. Love, Honest.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Chest Rub Rankings
Once cold and flu season arrives, you’ll want to have a few products on hand in case anyone in the family gets sick. One must-have item is a chest rub. Chest rubs are excellent for relieving nasal congestion, as well as for soothing chest aches and reducing coughs. When you’re ready to shop for the best chest rub, keep the following information in mind.
Choose a chest rub that meets the age requirements of the children in your home. While some rubs are safe for kids age 2 and up, others can be used in infants as young as 3 months.
Review the ingredients carefully before you choose a chest rub. Mentholatum Natural Congestion Ointment is made using 100% natural active ingredients, while all of the ingredients other rubs are free of parabens and artificial fragrances. You want to avoid using any chest rubs that contain harsh chemicals, as these can irritate the skin of sensitive individuals.
Look into the company that makes the chest rub to ensure its practices match your personal convictions. For example, some chest rubs are 100% cruelty-free and never tested on animals. Other companies choose to donate a portion of their sales to charity.
- Do not heat the chest rub up in a microwave or place it in hot water or you may suffer a burn.
- Always store the chest rub where children and pets can’t get access to it, even if the ingredients are listed as all-natural.
- Chest rubs are meant for external use only and should not be consumed or placed in one’s eyes, ears or nose.
- It’s good practice to test the rub on a small area of your skin before you use it for the first time. This is the best way to determine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- When comparing chest rub prices, you’ll first need to take into consideration how many ounces are in each tub. As you compare similar-sized rubs, you’ll want to look at the ingredients. The higher the quality of ingredients, the higher you can expect the chest rub to cost.