The Flash Store Nut Milk Bag
Last updated date: September 25, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nut Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nut Bag you should buy.
In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the The Flash Store The Flash Store Nut Milk Bag placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 15, 2019:
Checkout The Best Nut Bag for a detailed review of all the top nut bags.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
New and Advanced Nylon Nut Milk Bag with a Draw String. This Nylon Bag is Perfect for Straining, Soaking, and Sprouting. Ideal for Multiple Uses in the Kitchen. ②.Strong And Reusable Bag - Feels Wonderful On Your Hands. Drys Quickly. Cut Down Your Drying Time. Great for Travel. ③.This Works Better Than Cheese Cloth Because It Doesn't Let Pulp Through and It Doesn't Stretch. ④.Easy To Hang Drawsring - A Must Have Tool for Any Kitchen. Perfect for Making Greek Yogurt Or Even Straining Chicken Stock. ⑤.HIGH QUALITY. FOOD GRADE . MADE BY The Flash Store. Note: All bags are handmade, the size difference will exist, please understand! PREFERRED BY CHEFS & NATURAL FOOD LOVERS FOR ITS SUPER STRONG CONSTRUCTION AND PULP FREE PERFORMANCE! It's Easier to Squeeze for Faster Results & You'll NEVER Have to Filter Your Almond Milks or Cold Brew Coffee Twice. Fast Drying and Mold Free With Nylon Drawstring.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nut Bags
Moo-ve over, cow’s milk: nut milks are on the market and here to stay. Milk made from almonds, cashews and coconuts are lining grocery store shelves. They’re must-haves for shoppers with dietary restrictions, milk allergies, vegans or anyone looking for new flavors. The only issue? They’re pricier than cow’s milk, and that adds up.
Luckily, you can make your own nut-based milk at home with the help of a nut bag. Nut bags are fabric pouches that help you strain raw nut milk, removing pulp and creating a smoother, creamier nut milk. Using a nut bag will give your milk a texture that’s closer to traditional milk, and you can use the leftover pulp for other cooking projects.
Nut bags are an inexpensive way to create your own fresh non-dairy milk at home. Making nut milk at home is simple. Purchase a bulk amount of your preferred nut, soak them in water for several hours, then pop the nuts in a blender. Use your nut bag to strain the mixture for a delicious result.
Most nut bags are made from nylon mesh. This sturdy material is stretch-resistant, easy to clean and won’t hang onto odors. They come in various sizes for both small and large batches of nut milk.
DYWM Fun Fact
Dairy-free milk alternatives have boomed in popularity over the last decade, but they’ve been around for centuries. Almonds are native to the Middle East, and the first mention of almond milk is in a cookbook from Iraq during the 1200s.
Almond milk was also one of the few foods that Catholics were allowed to consume during Lent. Cookbooks from the Middle Ages list almond milk as an acceptable food to eat on fasting days, along with pea purees and fish stock.
The Nut Bag Buying Guide
- Nut bags grant you a great deal of freedom in making your own types of milk. Almonds are a go-to for nut milk, but you can also use cashews, coconut or hazelnuts.
- If you’re using larger nuts or making a bigger batch of nut milk, make sure you have a larger nut bag on hand. Using the wrong size can cause a messy overflow of nut pulp.
- The toughest nut bags are made from nylon mesh, but organic cotton bags are also available. Cotton bags are perfect for anyone sticking to a fully organic lifestyle.
- Your nut milk will have a smoother texture if you use the proper technique while straining. Instead of twisting the bag and wringing out the liquid, let the pulp sit at the bottom of the nut bag. Then pull the drawstring closed and slowly squeeze from the top down until only pulp is left in the bag.
- Clean your nut bag as soon as you buy it, and clean it again after every use. Wash the outside of the bag with fragrance-free organic or natural soap, then flip it inside out and wash the inside. Rinse the bag with running water until it’s completely soap-free.
- To remove odors from your nut bag, soak it in a mixture of vinegar and water. This solution will also sanitize your nut bag.