Tessa Dare The Duchess Deal: Girl Meets Duke
Last updated date: June 17, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Romance Novels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Romance Novel you should buy.
Update as July 2, 2019:
Checkout The Best Romance Novel for a detailed review of all the top romance novels.
In our analysis of 64 expert reviews, the Tessa Dare The Duchess Deal: Girl Meets Duke placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Romance Novels
- If you are new to the romance novel genre and not sure what author you’ll like, take a trip to your local library before buying the book. This will help you get an idea of the authors and their styles before you build your personal library up with the genre.
- Try a book in each sub-genre that interests you so you don’t get stuck in a rut of the same sub-genre every time you go for a good romance novel.
- There are multiple sources for accessing romance novels: brick-and-mortar book stores, online book stores, e-book subscriptions, audiobook subscriptions and libraries.
- A large influence in the world of books is the publishing company that backs an author. Research the top publishers in the romance novel genre and that will help you find an excellent author and wonderful romance novel.
- Asking for recommendations from friends is always a great way to discover a good romance novel and romance novel author.
- Always be sure to read the back cover and the description and ask for a sample if you are in a book store.
- Online resources offer listings of popular romance novel authors and popular romance novels for your convenience. Check those out before buying.
The Romance Novel Buying Guide
Picking out a new book is always a treat and a tough decision. There are so many choices, especially in the romance genre. Using consumer reviews alongside the summaries can help you decide which romance novel is going to captivate you the most. When choosing, you’ll have to ultimately consider the writing style you prefer, but there are a few underlying similarities in the top-rated romance novels out there today.
Two main kinds of romance novels are available to readers: series romances and single-title romances. If you are the type who doesn’t like a book to end, go for the series romance novels for a riveting ride. For a quick vacation read, opt for a single-title romance novel for a simple storyline and quick resolution.
There are two features of a novel that the majority of readers expect in a romance novel. There should always be a main storyline that is extremely saturated with the theme of love. There can be countless subplots so long as there is a clear relationship plot happening. The second aspect is that the ending should be filled with emotional satisfaction and love that does not judge. These two characteristics are fully expected by the readers in every single romance novel, no matter the sub-genre it fits into.
Although there are two major expectations of romance novels, they all carry the same theme of love. Whether it is one-sided love, love lost or love found after a long time, love is the base of a good romance novel. Readers can choose from sub-genres within the romance niche according to their interests. Here are a few sub-genres to consider:
Historical romance is a novel that takes place before 1950 and offers readers a glimpse into the romantic ventures and practices of families back then. They are often nostalgic and give readers a good sense of how customs have changed from then to now. From dating or courting to engagements and weddings, the formalities differ drastically, and these historical romance novels depict them quite well.
Romantic suspense is usually based around a mystery and has thriller aspects to the storyline. Such as in “The Witness” by renowned author Nora Roberts, the main character is an elusive member of her community that poses a great mystery to the town. “Half Empty” (First Wives Book 2) by Catherine Bybee is another suspense romance that gives readers more than just a love story, but a crime story as well. These novels are both intriguing and captivating for their audiences and offer a multi-faceted storyline with romance as the base.
The young adult romance sub-genre is another popular read in the top-rated romance novels. These books often intertwine a young love story into the main storyline. “That Month in Tuscany” by Inglath Cooper is a whirlwind novel based on the attraction between a famous musician and a tired wife. These types of novels attract a wide audience with their characters and plots.
Contemporary romance novels attract quite a few romance novel readers with their setting in modern day or anything after 1950 and a focused storyline on romance. “Crazy Little Thing” (A Bell Harbor Novel) by Tracy Brogan leads readers through the resistance of love and all that comes along with romance and natural attraction.
A few other sub-genres include erotic romance, which usually contains explicit content as well as a strong character transformation from beginning to end. Paranormal romance novels are heavy into science fiction and can be intertwined with erotic and historical elements. And finally, there is a sub-genre for religious romance novels that often feature the characters following a path of certain spiritual guidelines within a relationship.
No matter what sub-genre interests you, there are endless possibilities for great romance novels out there. Find rave reviews and excellent ratings on some of your favorite authors and keep a new romance novel nearby for those quiet moments or spontaneous vacation reads.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide