Tespo Expandable Metal Wire Grid Puppy Playpen
Last updated date: March 7, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Puppy Playpens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Puppy Playpen you should buy.
Update as March 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Puppy Playpen for a detailed review of all the top puppy playpens.
In our analysis, the Tespo Tespo Expandable Metal Wire Grid Puppy Playpen placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Upgrade version: Cable ties and anti-slip pieces added in. Cable ties help build doors or ramps or reinforce the whole structure. Anti-slip pieces prevent connectors from slipping on the floor. Diy expandable: Make qualified metal wire grids into different shapes, a low wide exercise pen, or a two-storey premium Villa. For various animals: Hedgehogs, hamsters, guinea pigs or rabbits, they can all have FUN in this fence. Easy to keep an eye on them from any angle. Easy assembly: Easy to put together with the illustrated instruction and included mallet. Use cable ties to achieve even more features like doors or ramps.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Puppy Playpens
Many people say that getting a new puppy is akin to taking care of a newborn baby. The sleepless nights, the constant snuggling and cuddling and the need for keeping your eye on them 24/7. Puppies are inherently curious, ready to get themselves into trouble in just about anything. When you’re not able to carefully watch over your puppy, such as when you’re making dinner, and want to keep them safe and contained, a puppy playpen is a great idea.
A small gated area, a puppy playpen ensures that your puppy stays where you need it to. While some people choose to put their puppy in a crate instead, it doesn’t provide the same spacious home for the puppy and can make them feel cooped up and bored. In a playpen, however, puppies have room to walk, run and jump around – all while ensuring they are safe and away from harm.
One of the most important factors to consider when looking for a puppy playpen is the height, weight and activity level of your dog. Large puppies who are heavy will require a sturdier and taller puppy playpen then small, light dogs. Similarly, if your puppy is overly boisterous and loves jumping around, they may require a puppy playpen with taller sides than a pup that is relaxed and loves lying around. Keep in mind that the weight of the playpen may make it difficult for you to move it around, so you’ll have to strike a balance between something that is hefty enough to withstand your pup and something that is light enough for you to move.
The Puppy Playpen Buying Guide
- When it comes to materials for puppy playpens, you typically are limited to two options: metal wiring and plastic sheeting. Metal playpens are sturdy but typically light enough for you to maneuver with ease. Plastic sheeting playpens are usually quite hefty. However, they offer a lot of stability and a clear view of your pup, which is why many prefer these types instead.
- If you’re looking for an easily portable playpen to take with you when you go to someone else’s house or out camping, for example, opt for one that is made from a heavy-duty cloth and mesh. These playpens are easy to fold up and take with you. However, they are considerably less sturdy than their less-portable counterparts, and typically only work with very small dogs. Larger puppies are able to easily knock them over.
- Some puppy playpens have doors for you and your pup while others don’t. What you need will depend on your ability to easily climb in and out of the pen and lift your dog in and out of it. For some people, this isn’t and issue while for others it can feel cumbersome so a door is a welcome feature.
- If you have a big outdoor space and want to keep your puppy out there with you while you garden or spend time outside, it’s best to keep them in an outdoor puppy playpen. They ensure your puppy doesn’t run off or eat anything they shouldn’t. An outdoor puppy playpen is similar to an indoor one. The key difference is that it comes with stakes which you can place into the ground for more stability.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide