TEOZZO Nylon Goose-Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks, 12-Pack
Last updated: July 29, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Badminton Shuttlecocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Badminton Shuttlecock you should buy.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the TEOZZO Nylon Goose-Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks, 12-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Feather pole is stout: Featured rough shag hair pieces, the same length, greatly enhance the ball resistance and stability. High quality goose feather, high density, uniform sha, not only beautiful, but also more stable, more resistant to fight. Durability & stability: Goose feathers are treated with special formula, smooth and soft; resistant to beating, good elasticity, accurate placement. flight stability: infrared selection of goose feathers quality, feather hair straight and thick, good strength, enhance the badminton resistance; test badminton rotation, to ensure that the badminton flight stability. The same spacing: Use high quality cotton thread,Automatic hook line machine hook line,coil is dense and sturdy. Feather neatly arranged,angle uniformity,spacing is consistent，the use of more stable speed. Advanced Black Goose Feather,Solid Cork Head: The feathers are very thick, relatively resistant to beating, softness and toughness, and can withstand relatively large impact forces.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Badminton Shuttlecock Rankings
Badminton may be a popular sport, but you’ll rarely see it on TV. There’s a reason for that. The objects players send back and forth are tough to track with the naked eye, which also means they’re tough to pick up on video. They’re lightweight, which means they can move quickly, making them difficult to track.
Those speedy projectiles go by the name “shuttlecocks.” If you’ve played badminton, you know they’re cone shaped, with the cone attaching to a piece of plastic with a rounded shape. The cone has traditionally been made from feathers, but in recent years, manufacturers have chosen alternatives like plastics and synthetics or a hybrid of synthetics and plastics with feathers.
The biggest benefit to feather shuttlecocks is that they offer easier control than nylon versions. Often more advanced players will opt for feathers because they’re more concerned with quality gameplay than durability. These shuttlecocks are best stored in a humid environment to prevent the feathers drying out. Beginners typically will find nylon shuttlecocks are a better option.
Plastic shuttlecocks aren’t quite as lightweight as feather-based shuttlecocks, but they do bring a durability and ease of maintenance that makes them better for beginners and recreational players. Feathers create a bit of drag during the game, which helps slow them down, improving control. You’ll lose a little of that with nylon shuttlecocks, but that does speed up the game and make it more intense.
There is a happy medium between the two. Hybrid shuttlecocks feature a plastic frame with duck or goose feathers on the ends. With this option, you get great durability while also enjoying the many benefits of feather shuttlecocks. This option is newer than traditional feather or full plastic, so they’re a little harder to find.
- Badminton shuttlecocks are sold in sets. Look at how many you’ll get before you buy. If you’re just buying a set to play with your family, a set of six may suffice, but you can find shuttlecock sets that include as many as 24.
- Not all feathers are created equal. Often goose or duck feathers are used in creating shuttlecocks, but you’ll get varying quality in the selection of feathers and how they’re attached. You should also look for feathers that have been treated to give them the softness you need as your shuttlecocks sail through the air.
- Some shuttlecock manufacturers overlap the feathers to give them enhanced stability. This can be beneficial for serious players who want to perfect their game.
- If you opt for nylon shuttlecocks, make sure you’re choosing one that’s lightweight enough that they won’t affect your game. You’ll want options that are durable without sacrificing gameplay.
- The base of the shuttlecock plays a role in how well they work, too. Look for shuttlecocks with a lightweight base to avoid having it impact your game.
- Although many shuttlecocks are white with a red base, you can find a multitude of colors. Some are made in bright colors to make them easier to spot as they’re in the air.
- Badminton can be played both indoors and outdoors. While some shuttlecocks are versatile enough to be effective in either environment, some are geared specifically for one or the other. Make sure you know what you’re getting.
- Some shuttlecocks use a cork material for the design that gives a more satisfying feel when your racket makes contact with it.
- You’ll also need to put some time into choosing your badminton racket. Some are head-heavy, while others are head-light and a third group evens the balance between the head and the shaft. If you prefer to play from the back of the court, you’ll likely want a head-heavy racket, while doubles players will likely prefer head-light rackets.