Tech Tools Heated Smart Travel Mug With Temperature Control
Last updated date: June 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Temperature Controlled Mugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Temperature Controlled Mug you should buy.
Update as June 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Temperature Controlled Mug for a detailed review of all the top temperature controlled mugs.
This spill-resistant travel mug plugs right into your vehicle’s 12-volt power outlet to keep your beverage at an ideal temperature. An easy-to-use and -read analog indicator and control panel allows you to set the mug’s heat to anything between 85 and one 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Tech Tools Heated Smart Travel Mug With Temperature Control placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PLEASE NOTE: the smart mug is intended to keep your beverage warm at your desired temperature and to heat up lukewarm drinks, but won't boil cold drinks. PLUGS INTO YOUR CAR CHARGER Take this self heating travel mug along with you anywhere and use the 12 volt charger in your car to keep it warm to and from work, school and other locations. HELPFUL ANALOG INDICATOR With this travel mug, heat levels will be indicated on the nifty analog indicator. NON-SLIP RUBBER BASE Don't worry about this heated coffee travel mug getting knocked over on the desk or in the car; it has a rubber base designed to keep it upright. 12V Auto adapter included / Recommended For Auto use only.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Temperature Controlled Mugs
Many of us love a hot cup of coffee or tea, but it often cools too quickly–or, conversely, is too hot to drink straight away. There are a number of options available for obtaining and keeping the perfect drinking temperature, including passive heat-retaining mugs and active temperature-controlling mugs.
Heat-retaining mugs are different from temperature-controlling mugs, but often achieve the same goal. The primary difference in effectiveness is how frequently you plan to top up your mug over the course of the day.
If you plan to slowly work on a cup of coffee or tea steadily over the course of a day, you may prefer a temperature-controlling mug, which uses a battery to keep it’s liquid contents at a steady range of temperatures. This way, you can enjoy your drink exactly as you like it for as long as the battery holds out.
If you are more likely to drink multiple cups of coffee over the course of the day, you may be just fine with a heat-retaining mug. Each time you refill the mug you will be adding hot liquid again, which will bring the overall temperature up and restore the phase change material’s store of thermal energy.
The Temperature Controlled Mug Buying Guide
- A car-charging heated mug is great for traveling, but doesn’t work as well when you’re spending a lot of time at a desk.
- Heated mugs with charging or power coasters are ideal for work stations you’ll be seated or standing at for long periods, but if you only have one such coaster, you’ll need to bring it with you when you transition between work and home to take advantage of the powered functions of the mug.
- Longer battery life usually equates with a heavier or bulkier battery. Keep that in mind if you plan to move around with your mug a lot, such as between frequent meetings or coworkers’ desks.
- Powered mugs will sometimes include a removable inner lining to make washing easier, but will almost always require hand washing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide